We are currently seeking papers for the 2019 IEEE TEMS-ISIE (International Symposium on Innovation and Entrepreneurship), which will be held in Hangzhou, China, October 24-26, 2019. Zhejiang University is the local host. The conference website is http://isie.ieee-tems.org/
The mission of the IEEE TEMS-ISIE is to help promote and advance knowledge in the field of innovation and entrepreneurship. Through encouraging discussions on current topics such as business model innovation, new technology directions and applications, managing globalization challenges, etc., we aim to enhance and improve essential management and leadership knowledge and skills, and foster active knowledge transfer between the academic and practicing communities.
The topics of the conference includes, but is not limited to:
· Entrepreneurship and its ecosystem
· Business Model Innovation in Emerging Markets
· Cross-Border and Local Venture Capital Investment
· New Markets for Entrepreneurs
· Management of Innovation
· Technology Management
· New Technology Directions and Challenges
· Managing Globalization Challenges
· People and Organizations
· Health, Sustainability, and Social Issues
· Special Session on Opportunities and Risks of AI
· Special Session on Recent Advances in Innovation Management Concepts and Practices
As a signature event of IEEE TEMS (Technology and Engineering Management Society), we will host an Industry Forum simultaneously at the conference, focusing on the changing industry landscapes driven by new technologies connecting academia with entrepreneurship and investment communities.
Selected papers will have the opportunity to be published in a special issue of our flagship journals. This would include research articles suitable for our journal IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management (IEEE TEM) and practical and case study articles suitable for our journal of practice, the IEEE Engineering Management Review (IEEE EMR). All papers would have to be suitably expanded beyond the conference paper for IEEE TEM. IEEE EMR submissions would need to be edited, targeted and formatted for one of three types of papers published by IEEE EMR. Each paper will be subject to the corresponding journal's rigorous peer review process.
· Paper Submission Due: 15 July 2019
· Notification of Acceptance: 15 August 2019
· Author Registration Due: 15 September 2019
· Late Registration Begins: 16 September 2019
· Normal Registration/Hotel Block Deadline: 1 October 2019
Your participation would be greatly appreciated. Please help spread the word. For additional information, please visit the conference Web page at http://isie.ieee-tems.org/
We look forward to seeing you in Hangzhou!
General Co-chairs: Michael Condry (USA, IEEE TEMS President), Jiang Wei (China, Zhejiang University)
Program Co-chairs: Xiaohong Iris Quan (USA, San Jose State University; IEEE TEMS), Tugrul Daim (Editor-in-Chief, IEEE TEM), Yang Liu (China, Zhejiang University)
Industry Forum Chair: Andy Chen (Canada, IEEE TEMS President 2020/2021)
Marketing Co-chairs: Oliver Yu (USA, IEEE TEMS), Sherry Chen (China, Shanghai Panhou Capital)
Publication Chair: Rabiz N. Foda (IEEE TEMS).