Hi runners,

For those early birds who want to keep up their fitness routine during the AIB Annual Meeting in Copenhagen, the AIB Running Club will once again be out in full force! Scandic Copenhagen is most central of all conference hotels and we will therefore meet there at 7AM on Monday (June 24), Tuesday (June 25) and Wednesday (June 26) for a leisurely run of about 10km. Runners of all levels are welcome.

Note that there are a number of other options for not-so-early-birds. I have copied below the message by Michael Mol who proposed to organize a road bike, sumer skiing or kayaking session. You also have the option to go on a guided running tour at the following website: https://gorunningtours.com/p/denmark/copenhagen/

Cheers,

Ari

Dear colleagues,

For those of you coming to the AIB conference in Copenhagen I am organizing a bike ride (80K/50M) starting from a place that rents out road bikes on Monday June 24th at 12.00 (returning in time for the opening plenary at 5.15). Please write to me if you want to join in. We’re not going to be racing but a good fitness level is obviously required.

I am also happy to act as a go-between for people who want to try and set up some summer skiing or kayaking as a group. The Copenhill is opening soon for skiing and snowboarding (https://www.copenhill.dk/; https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/13/danish-waste-to-energy-projects-key-selling-point-ski-slope). Kayaking takes place in the canals and harbour (https://kayakrepublic.dk/en/).

Even if you none of this appeals to you, I would encourage you to enjoy some outdoor activities in and around Copenhagen, such as swimming in one of the harbour pools. Late June is a great time for this.

Best regards,
Michael

Dr. Michael J. Mol
Professor of Strategic and International Management
Department of Strategy and Innovation
Copenhagen Business School
https://www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-strategy-and-innovation/staff/mmosi

--