Speed Mentoring for Women in AIB

The Women in Academy of International Business (WAIB) is delighted to invite interested WAIB members to participate as mentees and interact with accomplished mentors at the second annual “Speed Mentoring” event to be held during the annual AIB conference in Copenhagen. Speed Mentoring session is scheduled for Thursday June 27, 2019, from 14:30 to 15:45.  To participate, you must be an ABD Ph.D student or must have received your Ph.D within the past 10 years.

About Speed Mentoring

·       Mentees that sign up for this special event will get the opportunity to engage in five (5) consecutive 10-minute one-on-one or small group discussions with five (5) different mentors who will answer mentees’ most pressing career-related questions.

·       This event is an excellent opportunity for participants to network and seek advice from experienced mentors (see the star-studded list at the end of this e-mail) on a variety of career-related topics in a fun and time-efficient manner.

What Mentors and Mentees are Saying

“I never had such a productive and fruitful experience to meet top scholars. Nothing is better than the face-to-face discussion with our approachable mentors, who are considerate, friendly and warm.” (Mentee, 2018)

“I loved the event: it is such a valuable experience to be able to ask your burning questions to experienced renowned professors and receive inspiring advice you have never thought of.” (Mentee, 2018)

“It was great fun and I very much enjoyed being involved in this effort – what a great initiative!” (Mentor, 2018)

“Definitely my favorite session of the conference by far!” (Mentor, 2019)

How to Participate

This Year’s List of Mentors

We are grateful for our excellent mentors and their commitment to supporting female scholars!

Mary Yoko Brannen, Copenhagen Business School

Nakiye Boyacigiller, Sabanci University

Carolyn P. Egri, Simon Fraser University

Margaret Fletcher, University of Glasgow

Susan Forquer Gupta, Monmouth University

Tanvi Kothari, San José State University

Anna Lamin, Northeastern University

Dana Minbaeva, Copenhagen Business School

Rebecca Piekkari, Aalto University

Malika Richards, Pennsylvania State University, Berks

Grazia D. Santangelo, Copenhagen Business School

Noemi Sinkovics, University of Manchester

Mary Sully de Luque, Arizona State University

Katalin Takacs-Haynes, University of Delaware

If you have any questions about the WAIB Speed Mentoring event, please contact Saba Colakoglu ([log in to unmask]) or Amanda Budde-Sung ([log in to unmask]).

See you in Copenhagen!

Saba S. Colakoglu, Ph.D. (WebLinkedIn GS)

Scheller College of Business (Web)

Georgia Institute of Technology (Web)

800 West Peachtree Street, NW

Atlanta, Georgia 30308-1149