Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in International Business

Job Reference No. 805/0419C Closing date: 11:30pm, 23 June 2019 (Sydney time)

·         The opportunity to contribute to world class management education and research within the University of Sydney Business School

·         Academic Level B or C, expected start date during 2019 (may be subject to negotiation)

·         Full-time, continuing, $123K to $169K (which includes salary, leave loading and 17% superannuation). An additional salary supplement may also be negotiable.

About the opportunity

We are currently seeking to make a new appointment in International Business at the Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level with expertise in Cross-cultural management teaching.

The University of Sydney Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development ( EFMD ). It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS , the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.

The Business school has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors.

About you

The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence.

To be successful as a Lecturer (Level B) you will demonstrate:

·         PhD awarded in International Business or a related discipline

·         Teaching interests in the area of cross-cultural management

·         an active research program with significant potential for future high quality publications

·         evidence of high quality teaching ability with experience, at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, and contributions to course and program development.

·         experience in teaching large classes, or the potential to do so

·         proven teaching record and a commitment to develop, evaluate and demonstrate innovative teaching and learning practices

·         evidence of the ability to engage as a member of the University community in committees, administrative duties and governance at any or all of school, faculty or University level, as appropriate

·         evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial approach to interacting with staff and students

To be successful as a Senior Lecturer (Level C) you will demonstrate:

·         PhD awarded in International Business or a related discipline

·         an established research record with a demonstrated ability to achieve research outcomes and publish in high quality international refereed journals

·         an active research program with significant potential for future high quality publications

·         evidence of high quality teaching ability in the area of cross-cultural management with substantial experience, at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, and contributions to course and program development.

·         experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching large classes

·         proven teaching record and continuous development of demonstrated innovative teaching and learning practices

·         evidence of the ability to engage as a member of the University community in committees, administrative duties and governance at any or all of school, faculty or University level, as appropriate

·         evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial approach to interacting with staff and students

·         evidence of the capacity to contribute to the School’s engagement with industry and the wider community including willingness to inform the general public or engage in public debate on key issues of public importance, where appropriate and consistent with University policy

About us

Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australias first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.

We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.

Intending applicants are welcome to seek further information about the position from Professor Vikas Kumar on +61 2 9351 6438 or [log in to unmask]

For recruitment-related enquiries, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Michelle Carlon on +61 2 8627 0646 or  [log in to unmask]

Please refer to the candidate information pack for further details.

Job Reference No. 805/0419C

Closing date: 11:30pm, 23 June 2019 (Sydney time)

The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.

The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.

VIKAS KUMAR | Professor and Head of Discipline

Discipline of International Business

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY BUSINESS SCHOOL
Rm 4137, ABS H70| The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006 | Australia
T +61 2 9351 6438  | F +61 2 9036 5378 |
Twitter @kvikas21 | Skype kvikas21
www.vikaskumar.net | http://sydney.edu.au/business/staff/vikask

Become involved with EMIRGhttp://sydney.edu.au/business/research/emirg

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.
Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary
.