Double PhD Henley Business School (UK) / Politecnico di Milano (Italy)

Alongside our PhD in International Business and Strategy, we now offer a Double PhD with the Department of Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering at Politecnico di Milano (Italy). For over 50 years, Reading has stood at the forefront of teaching and research in International Business, and we continue to help define the research agenda in this field as well as in International Business History and International Human Resource Management. Our postgraduate research students, drawn from all over the world, benefit from a dynamic research environment, supervision from internationally-renowned faculty, dedicated support and outstanding facilities. The Department of Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering at Politecnico di Milano has a strong commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research activities. Their Doctoral Program is highly international and PhD graduates are held in high esteem - not only in academia - but also in public institutions and companies where their research qualifications are increasingly demanded. More information can be found here.

This 4-year programme allows PhD students enrolled at the Henley Business School to spend a period of normally 6-9 months at Politecnico di Milano and benefit from joint supervision by one member of faculty from each institution throughout their career. There shall be one oral examination (“Viva”) and one thesis to be submitted by the student for the Double PhD Programme.

Students interested in applying for this programme should clearly mention it in their PhD application at Henley Business School.

Studentships (£15,000 stipend plus University fees) are available on both the regular PhD in International Business at the Henley Business School and the Double PhD. Deadline for applications is on 15th June 2018.

For more information on the structure of the PhD, our Faculty, specific topics on which we can offer supervision, tips for a successful application and entry requirements, please visit hly.ac/ibs-phd or email us at [log in to unmask].

Kind regards,

Davide Castellani

Director of PhD in International Business and Strategy

Henley Business School, University of Reading,

Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6UD

(  +44 (0) 118 378 8846

(e)  [log in to unmask]

: www.henley.ac.uk/people/person/davide-castellani/