Dear Colleagues,

Please find the attached updated Call for Papers for the upcoming AIB-US Northeast Annual Conference. The Conference submission and registration sites are now open:

Submission: https://meetings.aib.msu.edu/us-ne/2019/

Registration: https://aib.regfox.com/aib-us-northeast-2019-chapter-conference

The AIB-NE Chapter NEW website is also ready  https://us-ne.aib.world/.  Please see the following message by Chair Margaret Goralski, to learn more about the new Chapter site and the 2019 annual conference.

We hope you can  join us in Newark this October!

Best regards,

Jun

Good Morning AIB members,

Our NEW website is ready https://us-ne.aib.world/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__us-2Dne.aib.world_&d=DwMGaQ&c=c6MrceVCY5m5A_KAUkrdoA&r=Ww8tzzeQEXBe9nX5NhqsaQ&m=R5l6-WWovhm6tzwtmeT2HxlM8yxk3lI7YdkW2nPXjDg&s=scUAqvjgLZ1zPaJMLVv1xn4_UA-yK85aAnLZwA0W6Xs&e=>. We are now a part of the AIB.World website and everything will be available on the same website: information, submission, registration. The CFP has been added to the website. There is also a synopsis of our Spring Symposium, which was held at Quinnipiac University. Our Program Chairs for this year are Ajai Gaur, Rutgers University, and Jun Li, University of New Hampshire. Our Conference Chairs are John Cantwell, Rutgers University, and Crystal Jiang, Bryant University.

This New England regional conference allows you to network, present your newest research, and receive feedback from colleagues. There is also an opportunity to meet the editors of the most prestigious International Business journals in the world and learn the secrets to getting published.

This year’s conference will be held on October 11-12 at Rutgers School of Business, Newark NJ. Make your hotel reservations early to get the best rate. We didn’t block rooms this year, but we have suggested three hotels near Rutgers, info follows. The websites for each hotel is included on the CFP on the website.

The Hilton Penn Station is attached directly to Penn Station so one can easily walk through the overpass from the train station to the hotel lobby. For those traveling by train the Hilton Penn Station is extremely convenient. There are also walkways to Prudential, so one can leave the hotel and walk part-way to Rutgers School of Business (SoB) in an enclosed walkway. There is also a restaurant off of the hotel lobby for one to enjoy a quiet dinner without leaving the hotel or to enjoy breakfast (not a free breakfast, but a buffet is available). There are also other choices for breakfast just outside the hotel in the walkways. The Hilton Penn Station is a longer walk for those who choose to walk to Rutgers, perhaps a fifteen to twenty-minute walk, however, one can also get the light rail to Rutgers if you choose not to walk and explore the city. There is a free shuttle pick-up from the Newark airport (EWR). See the CFP on our website and link to the hotel website directly for more information.

The Robert Treat Best Western is located across from Military Park at Fifty Park Place – approximately a ten-minute walk from the Train Station. There is a cocktail lounge rooftop bar and grill. This hotel is a short walk from Rutgers School of Business, perhaps ten minutes, and comes with a full breakfast. There is a shuttle provided by Robert Treat with free pick-up from Newark International Airport (EWR) or Newark Penn Station (Amtrak, etc.). Parking is $20 per day for those who are driving to the hotel. See the CFP on our website and link to the hotel website directly for more information.

The Hampton Inn and Suites has a free complimentary breakfast, and is a short walk to Rutgers SoB from a different direction than the Robert Treat Best Western. There is self-parking, which is free. There is a complimentary shuttle provided by the Hampton Inn and Suites to pick up people with reservations at the hotel from Newark International Airport (EWR) or Penn Station (train) between 5:30am and 11pm. See the CFP on our website and link to the hotel website directly for more information.

We will keep you informed and look forward to seeing you in October in Newark.

With warmest regards,
Margaret
AIB Chapter Chair, New England

Margaret A. Goralski, Ph.D.
Quinnipiac University
School of Business, SB 220
Entrepreneurship & Strategy
275 Mount Carmel Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518-9998
203-582-6559

Albert Schweitzer Institute Fellow

Chapter Chair & Treasurer, Academy of International Business, US, Northeast (AIB-US-NE)

Vice President of Publications, International Academy of Business Disciplines (IABD)
Editor in Chief, Quarterly Review of Business Disciplines (QRBD)

Senior Fellow, American Society for Competitiveness (ASC)
Board Member, American Society for Competitiveness (ASC)

UN PRME Working Group on the Sustainability Mindset

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.