Job Description for Hiring Summer Research Assistants in Lake Whitefish Valuation

We are hiring 2 paid undergraduate students interested in human dimensions research to assist in data collection related to food security and marketing of lake whitefish this summer. Research assistants will help administer oral surveys and experiments to farmer’s market customers in northern Michigan to explore people’s values for locally harvested lake whitefish. Daily work will include interviewing farmer’s market customers and entering survey/experiment data. Assistants will gain experience with qualitative research methods and relevant principles of sampling design and quantification of willingness-to-pay values.

Familiarity with qualitative methods or economics is not necessary. Assistants should be 1) interested in gaining experience in human dimensions research, 2) able to work independently and with other team members in a professional manner while maintaining a positive work environment, 3) be comfortable with approaching people in a market setting in order to recruit participants for this study, and 4) have a valid driver’s license. This position will start May 13, 2019 and ends September 30, 2019.

Please apply by April 26, 2019, by sending a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 2 references (name, position, phone, e-mail) to So-Jung Youn ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

From: "Youn, So-Jung" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, April 15, 2019 at 4:16 PM
To: Jim Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: William Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Hiring undergraduate students for the summer

Hi Jim,

I am hoping to hire 2 undergraduate research assistants this summer to assist me in data collection for my dissertation. The job description is attached. Could you send it out to the undergraduate listserv? Thank you.

Sincerely,
So-Jung

So-Jung Youn

[https://abs.twimg.com/icons/apple-touch-icon-192x192.png]<https://twitter.com/syoun88>
PhD Candidate

http://csis.msu.edu/people/so-jung-youn

Michigan State University
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
Center for Systems Integration and Sustainability
115 Manly Miles Building, East Lansing, MI 48823-5243