Dear All,

Below, please find the Call for Papers for the EGOS and Organization Studies Workshop in Kyoto. My apologies for cross-posting.

http://egos-kyoto.org

December 13-15, 2019

Kyoto University Clock Tower Centennial Hall, Kyoto, Japan

Submission Deadline: May 31, 2019

(an extended abstract with no more than 1,000 words)

We invite paper submissions for the EGOS and Organization Studies Workshop to be held on December 13-15 at Kyoto University, Japan. This is an experimental workshop organized by EGOS (European Group for Organization Studies) and its journal Organization Studies to bridge communities of researchers across geographical, cultural and disciplinary distances. Any topics in and around organization studies are welcomed and particularly, those who target the journal Organization Studies should find this workshop as an invaluable opportunity to craft their papers in dialogue with experienced scholars (see the journal’s aims and scope at https://us.sagepub.com/en-us/nam/journal/organization-studies). Furthermore, resonant with the city of Kyoto, we especially encourage papers on craft, design, creativity, entrepreneurship and writing among other topics.

Paper Development Workshop and Doctoral Consortium will be held on December 13, Friday afternoon, and then paper sessions and keynotes on December 14 and 15. Throughout the Workshop several experienced editors and reviewers from Organization Studies (as well as other journals) will be present and actively taking part on supporting the process of paper development. We will soon announce an exciting list of keynote speakers.

To submit and participate in this workshop, you do not need to be an EGOS member, although we strongly encourage you to join us.

The submission site will be open around April.

http://egos-kyoto.org

The year 2019 marks the 100th anniversary of Faculty of Economics, Kyoto University. The Faculty has been central in advancing research on organization studies as well as on economics within Japan. The faculty sponsors this workshop to further contribute to organization studies in Japan and beyond.

Co-Chairs:

Yutaka Yamauchi, Kyoto University

Daniel Hjorth, Copenhagen Business School

Scientific Committee:

Bernard Forgues, EM Lyon

Daniel Hjorth, Copenhagen Business School

Davide Ravasi, Cass Business School

Markus Höllerer, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business

Mollie Painter, Nottingham Business School

Robin Holt, Copenhagen Business School

Trish Reay, University of Alberta, Canada

Yutaka Yamauchi, Kyoto University

Organizing Committee:

Ai Hisano, Kyoto University

Akira Takeishi, Kyoto University

Asli Colpan, Kyoto University

Atsuro Morita, Osaka University

Chiaki Ito, Kyoto University

Innan Sasaki, Lancaster University

Kota Kitagawa, Kansai University

Markus Höllerer, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business

Masaru Karube, Hitotsubashi University

Naoki Wakabayashi, Kyoto University

Norio Sawabe, Kyoto University

Renate E. Meyer, WU Vienna

Sachiko Yamao, Keiko University

Takahiro Endo, Hitotsubashi University

Takeshi Hiramoto, Kyoto University

Tomoki Sekiguchi, Kyoto University

Trish Reay, University of Alberta, Canada

Tsutomu Nakano, Aoyama Gakuin University

Yasuo Sugiyama, Kyoto University

Important Dates:

May 31, 2019: Abstract due

July 15, 2019: Notification

July 15, 2019: Early registration opens

October 15, 2019: Paper due

Sponsors:

European Group for Organization Studies

Copenhagen Business School Entrepreneurship Platform

Kyoto University Faculty of Economics

Partnership:

Academic Association for Organization Science (Japan)

Kyoto University Graduate School of Management

Kyoto University Design School

Contact:

Best regards,

Sachiko

Sachiko Yamao, PhD

Associate Professor | Keio Business School | Graduate School of Business Administration, Keio University

Email: [log in to unmask] | Phone: +81-45-564-2043 (office)

Post: Hiyoshi 4-1-1, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 223-8526 JAPAN

Website: LinkedIn (English); Official (Japanese)