I am delighted to update you on the preparations for the Reading-UNCTAD conference, taking place from 5-6 April 2019.

concerned about this little socio-political soap opera called Brexit (originally scheduled for 29 March) and how it might affect your plans to attend the conference? Worry no more! The entire British parliament has agreed to postpone leaving the EU until after our conference. This is no coincidence. Mrs May lives down the road, and we had a word.

Come and enjoy the chaos that is Brexit! Brexit is described by many as being just like the Game of Thrones, only without the dragons and the gratuitous sex. Best of all, it is likely to last several more seasons, and is free to watch without a subscription.

So book your flights, good people, do not worry about endless queues at Heathrow, shortages of toilet paper, or pirates. The latest version of the full programme can be found here https://tinyurl.com/y4u9z5sj  If you are presenting a paper, the full list of parallel sessions can be found see HERE .  For info on travelling to Reading, finding accommodation and so on, click here https://tinyurl.com/yxs4slkc

What is the dress code for Brexit-watching, you may want to know? Leave those sandals, flip-flops, and Hawaiian shorts at home. Reading in April is can be cool, with temperatures around 15C.

Suddenly discovered you are free that weekend, and are now inspired to attend our conference? Registration is still open!

Any questions? Do not hesitate to ask!

Rajneesh Narula, OBE, PhD, FRSA

The John H. Dunning Chair in International Business

Henley Business School, Reading University

Research Director, IBS

Area Editor, Journal of International Business Studies

http://www.linkedin.com/in/narula1

http://goo.gl/Jk8QCj

!