Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to inform you that the department of Global Economics and Management at the University of Groningen has openings for tenure-track and non-tenure-track positions starting this fall. More information follows below. For the online version of this job posting, please visit: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/job-opportunities/overview?details=00347-02S0006W9P.

Global Economics and Management
We at the Department of Global Economics  <https://www.rug.nl/feb/organization/departments/gem/> & Management are an active international research group consisting of approximately 80 people. Our research and teaching cover a broad range of topics in International Business, International Economics, and International Management. We are internationally oriented: about 40 per cent of the department members and 80 per cent of the PhD students are non-Dutch. Over the past year, we have published in a wide range of top journals, such as the Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Management, Journal of World Business, Journal of International Management, Management International Review, Organization Science, and Strategic Management Journal.

We teach in two of the faculty’s four bachelor programs, namely the BSc in International Business <https://www.rug.nl/bachelors/international-business/programme>  and the BSc in Economics and Business Economics <https://www.rug.nl/bachelors/economics-and-business-economics/programme> . In addition, we are also responsible for two one-year MSc programs: the MSc in International Business  <https://www.rug.nl/masters/international-business-and-management/> & Management and the MSc in Economic Development and Globalization <https://www.rug.nl/masters/economic-development-and-globalization/> . Our BSc and MSc programs are taught in English. We participate in the selective honors program for BSc students, as well as the challenging two-year research master program, aimed at students intending to pursue a PhD.

Job description
Currently, the department has openings for tenure track positions at the assistant professor level (50% teaching, 50% research) as well as non-tenure track lecturer positions (70% teaching, 30% research). We will also consider strong candidates at the Associate professor level. We are looking for candidates that fit the research profile of the department, in particular in the fields of International business and International management.

We are seeking candidates with a proven ability or potential to conduct high quality, original research in areas of interest to the department publishable in high-ranking international journals. Teaching responsibilities will be primarily within the BSc in International Business and the MSc in International Business & Management, and will include running tutorial groups within courses as well as Bachelor and Master thesis supervision. Based on your competences and interests you will make agreements on a yearly basis with your supervisor and the chairman of the department about the specific education tasks.

Qualifications
To qualify you should have:
• a PhD in International Business or International Management (or be close to finishing)
• a demonstrated ability (or clear potential) to publish in international journals (for tenure track positions, these should be top-tier journals)
• proven interest and ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level and in mentoring students
• good interpersonal skills and ability to work individually and with a team
• organizational qualities and excellent communication skills; and
• the potential to generate external funding for research projects (for tenure track positions).

Tenure track Assistant Professor positions at the Faculty of Economics and Business are temporary positions subject to a tenure decision in the sixth year. Formal tenure track requirements include criteria with respect to research prominence, teaching and external fund raising activities. During this period, 50 per cent of the position is for research and 50 per cent is for teaching activities (teaching typically involves taking on a number of tutorial groups in two or three courses (each of 7 weeks), along with bachelor- and/or master thesis supervision). Please see the criteria for the Tenure Track system (for a complete description see: https://www.rug.nl/(...)us/job-opprtunities/). Non-tenure track Lecturer positions at the Faculty of Economics and Business are temporary positions with a contract lasting up to five years, conditional upon a positive evaluation after the first year. For these positions, teaching and research time allocations are fixed for the first three years at 70% and 30%, respectively.

Conditions of employment
The University of Groningen offers a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 3,637 gross per month (salary scale 11, Dutch Universities) to a maximum of € 5,656 gross per month (salary scale 12) for a full-time position as assistant professor, excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favorable tax treatment may apply to non-Dutch applicants.
The University of Groningen is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.

Tenure track Assistant Professor position.
You will get an initial appointment for a period of seven years, on the condition of a positive mid-term evaluation at the end of the third year of employment.
The seventh year is to compensate for any ‘life events’ (e.g. parental leave) which might take place during the first six years. Barring any such events, tenure assessments for tenure track positions will be made at the beginning of the sixth year. Tenure entails a permanent contract and promotion to the rank of Associate Professor.
The Tenure Track system is a career path which, if followed successfully, will lead to a full professorship.

Non-tenure track Lecturer position
You will get an appointment for a period of five years, on the condition of a positive mid-term evaluation after the first year. Excellent performance may lead to a tenure-track position, depending on organizational developments.

If possible, you should be willing to start by August 2019 at the latest.

Application
You may apply for this position until 21 March 11:59 (CET) / before 22 March 2019 by means of the online application form <https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/job-opportunities/overview?reply=00347-02S0006W9P> .
We aim to conduct interviews in April and May 2019.

Please submit online <https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/job-opportunities/overview?reply=00347-02S0006W9P>  the following documents:
1. A motivation letter, specifying which type of position the application is for
2. A complete curriculum vitae
3. A short (max. 700 word) statement of your research accomplishments and future research goals
4. One self-selected “best paper”
5. Two letters of recommendation
6. Recent teaching evaluations (if available).

Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.

Information
For additional information you can contact:
*	Prof. Alan Muller, search committee chair,  <javascript:redir('rug.nl'%20,%20'a.r.muller');> [log in to unmask]
*	Prof. Steven Brakman, Chair of the department,  <javascript:redir('rug.nl'%20,%20's.brakman');> [log in to unmask]
*	Prof. Sjoerd Beugelsdijk, Research Director, [log in to unmask] <javascript:redir('rug.nl'%20,%20's.beugelsdijk');>

Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications. You can Apply <https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/job-opportunities/overview?reply=00347-02S0006W9P>  here.

Alan Muller
Professor of International Management
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
PO Box 800
9700 AV Groningen
Personal webpage:  <http://www.rug.nl/staff/a.r.muller/research/publications.html> http://www.rug.nl/staff/a.r.muller/research/publications.html
Equis AACSB Logo 192 dpi
FEB belongs to the 1% of business schools worldwide with both EQUIS and AACSB accreditations

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.