Dear colleagues and friends,

For this special issue, we cordially invite submissions that illustrate or reflect on practices surrounding shocks. We are particularly interested in contributions that explore what makes some organisations better able than others to bounce back or forward from turmoil. What prepares the ground for navigating and adapting successfully in non-routine environments? What is the role of “soft” factors (read language, culture, customs) in dealing with latent dangers? Or are organisations operating in or from Asia essentially bound by similar “hard” factors (read formalised business processes and structures) marshalling adjustment before, during or after hard-to-predict events? Would firms, for instance, from China or Japan have different responses in the face of an unexpected event (e.g., in Europe)? We welcome work that draws from archival, conceptual, or empirical approaches to this theme.

We attach the full call for your kind consideration.

Thank you

Sierk Horn (EAMSA 2019 conference chair)

FH Vorarlberg

For more information go to: http://www.fhv.at/eamsa2019

Or follow us on Facebook

For any inquiry, please email: [log in to unmask]