From: "Knight, Megan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, February 11, 2019 at 10:02 AM
Subject: Internships at Potter Park Zoo

Greetings,
Potter Park Zoo in Lansing will offer a Conservation Internship during the summer of 2019 and we want to make universities aware of this opportunity. This internship provides participants the opportunity for practical learning and hands-on experience relating to conservation in a zoological setting. The second goal is for students to develop and implement public education to share the important role zoos play in conservation. Attached you will find a full description of the program. More in depth information can be provided upon request.
We also offer one semester Education Internships all year round.  Our Education Internship provides experience in informal conservation education in an AZA accredited zoo. Interns will receive training in handling and presenting our Ambassador Animal to a variety of groups. In addition, there are many other unique assignments, some of which can be tailored to the particular interests of the student.
Please share this opportunity with interested students, and feel free to reproduce the attached document to post or share. If there are any special requirements for Potter Park Zoo to be considered a partner for internships, please let me know what we need to do to fulfill them. The application for internship and a complete list of opportunities can be found at https://potterparkzoo.org/internships/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__potterparkzoo.org_internships_&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=A-kknoeLxco1Wo2iqNj75bXCbC5cFuZe8IVxLbkZmf4&s=XyoPuiLyjzw2Evyh_Z-R-0SstXubonPPDvqHochgQRg&e=> .  If you would like to know more about our programs at Potter Park Zoo, check out our website at https://potterparkzoo.org/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__potterparkzoo.org_&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=A-kknoeLxco1Wo2iqNj75bXCbC5cFuZe8IVxLbkZmf4&s=4VZkqjjcJghuAW0I_qXWJKTK4PNLgRtqddcnnB4Vqz0&e=> and select from the Education drop-down menu at the top of the screen.

Thank you for your time!
Megan Weidman
Education Program Registrar/Conservation Champion
Potter Park Zoo Society
[cid:[log in to unmask]]