Begin forwarded message:

From: Leigh Peake <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: GMRI Job Opening in Learning Research
Date: February 6, 2019 at 9:38:43 AM EST
To: Leigh Peake <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Please forgive me if this is a repeated email for you! I'm trying to be sure we've circulated the opportunity below to the widest possible audience. As a friend of GMRI you will understand what a big moment it is for us to be investing in building learning research capacity. So exciting!! Because it's a big step and an important hire, I'm seeking your help to be sure we shake the bushes for a great pool of candidates. The listing can be found at the link below.

In short, this is currently a 50% position with extremely good prospects of quickly going to 100% time. Like so many jobs at GMRI, this role will span responsibilities from very junior (data entry) to quite senior (participating in research design and proposal writing). Our learning research efforts typically are accomplished through partnerships, so the person will have the opportunity to collaborate with senior research faculty from across the nation. This range of responsibilities means the job can and will be shaped by the person in the role so long as we fulfill the requirements of our funded work.

Finally, this is such a cool opportunity for someone who would enjoy investigating learning across the lifespan and across learning environments. For example, while rooted in our K-12 education programs, we have already written this position into proposals that involve investigating learning by the general public and fishery stakeholders. So much to love and get excited about in this role!

Many thanks for pointing anyone with potential interest our way and feel free to share among your networks. The position recruiting closes Feb 22.

https://www.gmri.org/about-us/join-our-team/jobs/research-associate-applied-learning-sciences<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gmri.org_about-2Dus_join-2Dour-2Dteam_jobs_research-2Dassociate-2Dapplied-2Dlearning-2Dsciences&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=bTpQo6C_bwDiZFSgr8ADeg&m=xeV0htbsNgi4FF8ZSa53d3nt_CTUscgX8K0G82vXxoM&s=qoyton5BvmdrAmlg5bv12c9OMr7gH8qg31OpSTwlYKg&e=>
Research Associate in Applied Learning Sciences<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gmri.org_about-2Dus_join-2Dour-2Dteam_jobs_research-2Dassociate-2Dapplied-2Dlearning-2Dsciences&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=bTpQo6C_bwDiZFSgr8ADeg&m=xeV0htbsNgi4FF8ZSa53d3nt_CTUscgX8K0G82vXxoM&s=qoyton5BvmdrAmlg5bv12c9OMr7gH8qg31OpSTwlYKg&e=>
SUPERVISOR: Chief Education Officer
www.gmri.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gmri.org_&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=bTpQo6C_bwDiZFSgr8ADeg&m=xeV0htbsNgi4FF8ZSa53d3nt_CTUscgX8K0G82vXxoM&s=2EIjWAbRI3iK4CR-UHCu2v8UJ6wOMX4Ezuy5CykRTEA&e=>