Dear Colleagues
There are still a few places left for the following IBR PDW at the forthcoming AIB-UK&I annual meeting.

The deadline is approaching.

Best Wishes
Mario

Mario Kafouros
Professor of International Business and Innovation
Associate Head of Research,
Alliance Manchester Business School
University of Manchester
Booth Street West,
Manchester, M15 6PB, UK.

CALL FOR PAPERS - Paper Development Workshop (PDW)

46th Academy of International Business UK & Ireland Chapter Conference , 25 April 2019, University of Sussex, Brighton

International Business Review (IBR)

Submission deadline: 25 February 2019

page1image27133824

International Business Review and the Academy of International Business UK & Ireland Chapter have scheduled an IBR Paper Development Workshop (IBR-PDW) as part of the pre-conference programme of the 46th AIB UK&I Chapter Annual Conference, taking place in the University of Sussex, Brighton (UK), 25-27 April 2019.

The purpose of the IBR-PDW is to provide junior scholars with developmental feedback on their current research projects in international business studies. Although we hope that many of these papers will be eventually submitted to IBR, the purpose of the PDW is broader: to improve the quality of IB research and bring new scholars into the IB field.

We invite original papers from junior authors and faculty members. We welcome papers from scholars who are trained in disciplines such as international business, management and economics but also in disciplines less commonly associated with the field (e.g., geography, political science, sociology).

The IBR-PDW will begin with an introduction by Professor Mario Kafouros (University of Manchester), Associate Editor of IBR. The participants will then be divided into two groups, and feedback on each paper will be provided by experienced panellists (listed at the end). The panellists will discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each paper, with the aim of providing robust yet constructive feedback to the authors so that they can improve their papers to the standard required for IBR publication. The 2019 IBR PDW will be held on the morning of Thursday 25 April 2019 at the conference venue as part of the pre-conference activities taking place before the formal start of the AIB UK&I 2019 conference. Participants should therefore plan to arrive in Brighton the evening before.

Prospective participants in the 2019 IBR-PDW are invited to submit their paper manuscripts to Mario Kafouros ([log in to unmask]) by 25 February 2019

Each applicant may make only one submission, but may also have submitted the same (or another) version of the paper for presentation at the AIB UK&I Conference. All authors should indicate their names, e-mails, and affiliations, on the cover page of the manuscript. Papers must be less than 10,000 words in length, and should follow the IBR Guide for Authors (https://www.elsevier.com/journals/international- business-review/0969-5931/guide-for-authors).

Participation at the IBR-PDW is limited to 9 papers. Participants will be selected based on the quality of their submitted work, and will be notified about the acceptance of their submissions no later than 20 March 2019. Participants will be required to confirm their participation by 29 March 2019

NOTE: Participants must be registered for the AIB UK&I 2019 conference before they confirm their attendance at the IBR-PDW.

IBR-PDW 2018 Key Dates:

Panelists:

Davide Castellani, Henley Business School

Agnieszka Chidlow, University of Birmingham

Olli Kuivalainen, University of Manchester

Professor Xiaohui Liu, University of Birmingham

Antonella Zucchella, University of Pavia

Paper submissions should be sent to:

Mario Kafouros
Professor of International Business and Innovation

University of Manchester, [log in to unmask]