From: Hadley Couraud <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, January 14, 2019 at 8:45 AM
To: Jim Schneider <[log in to unmask]>, Jill Cruth <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Molly Payne Wynne <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Seasonal positions with The Nature Conservancy: Stream Barrier Assessments

Hello Mr. Schneider and Ms. Cruth,
My name is Hadley Couraud, I work for The Nature Conservancy (TNC) on freshwater conservation and stream barriers (and part-time for MSU for the Holekamp lab in Natural Science!). TNC is hiring a field crew for this upcoming summer that will work with me performing stream barrier assessments in various parts of Maine. One of the objectives of these positions is to create career opportunities for folks who come from backgrounds that don’t easily lend themselves to conservation careers. We would love to reach students at MSU, and any other interested persons you may know (only the Jed Wright Fellow specifically needs to be a current student). Would you mind sharing our job postings within your network? We encourage everyone to share them anywhere! Please feel free to share my name and email should anyone have questions.
Applications must be received by February 8, 2019. All applicants must apply online via careers.nature.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__careers.nature.org&d=DwMF-g&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=OaeP3Y4iBJs6cPjXjhYY6uB2-IfvVp9x4Xfqhl9ARCw&s=LCZZU2yTCYnrw62C1tJFU5Z5mDjcgltAP2rozSK7ckA&e=> -- direct links to postings below:

The Jed Wright Fellow for River Health (Job ID 47216, apply at https://bit.ly/2F4S6T4<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bit.ly_2F4S6T4&d=DwMF-g&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=OaeP3Y4iBJs6cPjXjhYY6uB2-IfvVp9x4Xfqhl9ARCw&s=2x2c9xAycK6lZPOgCDG-2SNelS5Keb_8UOMIkhydJ2E&e=>) The Jed Wright Fellow position is meant to provide opportunities for college students to explore and develop their interests in river and aquatic restoration. One of the objectives of this position is to create career opportunities for folks who come from backgrounds that don’t easily lend themselves to conservation careers. We are really hoping to attract candidates who have life experience such as racial or ethnic minority, urban upbringing, or economically disadvantaged. We desire Fellows who can bring a perspective to our work that is different from what is represented by much of our staff. Student should be between their junior year in college to studying in graduate school with an environmental/conservation academic focus. The Fellow will work closely with our staff, other crew members, and conservation partners to gain on-the-job experience and skills directly applicable to river and aquatic restoration in Maine. The Fellow will survey and monitor road crossings for fish passage in suburban, rural and remote areas of Maine. Tasks may include conducting surveys at and around culverts, coordinating survey sites, field work logistics, site data entry and quality control, photo file management, operating total station survey equipment, tablets and GPS field equipment to and measure physical metrics at survey sites, all in a variety of field conditions. This position will require extensive travel time, overnights, and work in remote locations. This is preferably a 15-week full time seasonal position beginning June 3, 2019; however, we have some flexibility on start dates and can consider a Fellow that needs a slightly shorter assignment.

The Stream Barrier Assessment Crew Member (Job ID 47217, apply at https://bit.ly/2R3ZjZV<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bit.ly_2R3ZjZV&d=DwMF-g&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=OaeP3Y4iBJs6cPjXjhYY6uB2-IfvVp9x4Xfqhl9ARCw&s=HL7BLqvLOYrNCNnF32U-JgNtmu-9ZZZJbRnzUniXIKY&e=>) will work closely with other crew members and conservation partners to survey and monitor road crossings for fish passage in suburban, rural and remote areas of Maine. Tasks include conducting surveys at and around culverts, coordinating survey sites, field work logistics, site data entry and quality control, photo file management, operating total station survey equipment, tablets, and GPS field equipment to measure physical metrics at survey sites. The work will be performed in a variety of field conditions. This position will require extensive travel time, overnights, and work in remote locations. This is preferably a 15-week full time seasonal position beginning June 3, 2019; however, we have some flexibility on start dates and can consider crew members that need slightly shorter assignments.
Thank you and Happy New Year,
Hadley

Hadley Couraud
Assessment Crew Lead
517-582-8415 (cell)

nature.org/maine<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__nature.org_&d=DwMF-g&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=OaeP3Y4iBJs6cPjXjhYY6uB2-IfvVp9x4Xfqhl9ARCw&s=JMJ8SNtviH3AoKvWUUnY7Y-CdCUZxEczQH2PdHR31ws&e=>

The Nature Conservancy
14 Maine Street, Suite 401
Brunswick, ME 04011

  [cid:[log in to unmask]]