From: "Kane, Neil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:09 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Training available in Customer Discovery at UMich Feb. 1, 15 and March 1

Hello, everyone.

If you are now, or will be teaching methods of Customer Discovery, this is for you. I highly recommend this even as an introduction to the topic.

The University of Michigan is conducting a class called “Introduction to Customer Discovery” in conjunction with a workshop for instructors who also want to learn how to teach the course. I’ve just spoken to them, and it is probable that we could get 1-2 people in the course that’s coming up. The agenda is attached and it’s largely self-explanatory. The instructor training is in the morning on the days when the class meets (February 1, 15 and March 1), and the actual course runs in the afternoon (where they will have teams of students taking the course). For anyone who wants to do the teacher training, there’s an expectation that you will also stay for the afternoon. If you just want to observe the class in the afternoon, that’s apparently OK.

They were very cagey on how many people they can accommodate. The course is already full, but they noted that they’ll be doing it again in the fall (probably in October), so you could plan for that if you’re interested but can’t do it this time around. There is no charge.

They asked that I filter the request, so if you are interested, please get back to me no later than next Wednesday, January 13 by close of business. And depending on who is interested, I’ll figure out an equitable way to accommodate as many people as possible. Again, it is at their discretion whether to accommodate anyone at this late date.

To the Assistant/Associate Deans:  Please forward as appropriate. Building our institutional capacity in this area is very important.

Thanks.

Neil Kane

Director of Undergraduate Entrepreneurship

Michigan State University

632 Bogue Street, Room N120

East Lansing, MI 48824

Cell: 312-404-3507

Visit the Student Marketplace!

Entrepreneurship Portal:  https://entrepreneurship.msu.edu

Information about Entrepreneurship and Innovation Experiences: https://entrepreneurship.msu.edu/experiences/

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/MSUEship/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSU_Eship

LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/neilkane

Going from “Why I can’t” to “Why can’t I?”