Former Assist Professor- University of Washington & IIM
Author: Export-Import Management Oxford University Press
ResearchGate
Academia Google Scholar

Web:  drjustinpaul.com

2018 Journal Articles:
Toward a CPP Model for Internationalization
Masstige Model and Measure for Brand Management
International Franchising: A Review and Agenda
Mass Prestige Value in an Emerging Market

Special Issue

Services Management and Marketing of Services: Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses

Editors

A subject advances when studies are designed in a way that builds logically based on the findings of PRIOR studies. Such Review studies then reconcile conflicting findings, identify research gaps in and suggest exciting new directions for a given field of research with reference to Methodology, Theory and Contexts.

One of the important purposes of this Special Review Issue is to provide ideas and directions for budding research to undertake novel research, instead of doing replete and recycled type of research. Challenges emerge when research do not link systematically to the underlying body of knowledge. Thus, it is important in the design of new research for the researcher to have a state-of-the-art understanding of research findings (e.g., empirical generalizations) from the topical domain. High quality, systematic review papers and meta-analyses can provide this state-of-the-art understanding to scholars and thus play an important role in a discipline’s progress.

In both systematic literature reviews and meta-analysis, at least 20% of the paper should be dedicated for developing future research agenda with reference to Theory, Methodology and Context.  Theme-based Reviews, Theory-based reviews and Method-based reviews are welcome.

Reason:  Collection of Related Literature on the Research Topic has a great role to play in writing quality research papers.

We urge researchers to focus on reviewing the Methods used in Prior studies, Theories used in Prior studies, Contexts studied and thus identify the research gaps and focus on future research agenda development, as seen in the listed (specimen) Review articles.

While selecting the topics for Review, please make avoid the topics in which a comprehensive review has been published in the last 2-3 years.

We will publish four types of Reviews in this special issue.

Type 1:  Theory-based Review.

Gilal et.al (2018). The role of self-determination theory in marketing science: An integrative review and agenda for research. European Management Journal. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.emj.2018.10.004

Williams, M. D., Rana, N. P., & Dwivedi, Y. K. (2015). The unified theory of acceptance and use of technology (UTAUT): a literature review. Journal of Enterprise Information Management28(3), 443-488.

Type 2:  Theme-based Review. Systematic Literature Reviews with Directions for Future Research

Rosado-Serrano, A., Paul, J. & Dikova, D (2018). International franchising: A literature review and research agenda. Journal of Business Research85, 238-257. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0148296317305520

Paul, J., & Benito, G. R. (2018). A review of research on outward foreign direct investment from emerging countries, including China: what do we know, how do we know and where should we be heading?. Asia Pacific Business Review24(1), 90-115.

(Framework-based Review). https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13602381.2017.1357316

Rana, J., & Paul, J. (2017). Consumer Behavior and purchase intention for organic food: A review and research agenda. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services38, 157-165. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0969698917301078

Paul, J., & Singh, G. (2017). The 45 years of foreign direct investment research: Approaches, advances and analytical areas. The World Economy40(11), 2512-2527. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/twec.12502

Paul, J., Parthasarathy, S., & Gupta, P. (2017). Exporting challenges of SMEs: A review and future research agenda. Journal of world business52(3), 327-342. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1090951617300366

Kahiya, E. T. (2018). Five decades of research on export barriers: Review and future directions. International Business Reviewhttps://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0969593117303141

Type 3:  Meta- Analysis

Knoll, J., & Matthes, J. (2017). The effectiveness of celebrity endorsements: A meta-analysis. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science45(1), 55-75.

We have broad domain of Services Management and Marketing to be reviewed. Areas of investigation might include (but are not limited to);

  • Application of theoretical models such as Service Profit Chain, Service scape
  • Globalization of Services
  • Service Quality
  • Retailing and Consumer services
  • Brand building in services sector
  • Financial services
  • Tourism and Hospitality services
  • Virtual services and e-commerce
  • Outsourcing of services
  • Corporate social responsibility and services
  • Information Technology services

Submission Guidelines

We invite reviews using any applicable methodologies, ranging from qualitative synthesis of research findings to quantitative meta-analysis. Qualitative reviews should focus on review of Methods used, review of theories used in a specified field of research/ theme, review of contexts studied in the past etc. instead of focusing on the bibliometric aspects of authors and their affiliations.

Questions, if any can be addressed to Professor Justin Paul  (cc to. [log in to unmask]).

Submissions can be made online using the window created for the Special Review Issue.

The Service Industries Journal

Table of Contents for The Service Industries Journal. List of articles from both the latest and ahead of print issues.

Language: en-US

Publisher: tandf

VISIT JOURNAL ARTICLES

Explore Author Services

We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information, guidance, FAQs and to contact us directly.
READ MORE