From: Anja Hogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 4:48 PM
To: Jim Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Austin Dixon <[log in to unmask]>, Recruit <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Conservation Corps MN & IA positions available

Jim Schneider,

Hello! My name is Anja Hogan, Northwest District Manager with Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa.
Austin Dixon, a Michigan State alum from the Fish & Wildlife program, gave me your contact information. We’re currently accepting applications for AmeriCorps Members across Minnesota and Iowa (and even in Springfield, MO) and thought you or your organization might know some people who’d be interested.

We have two main positions open at the moment:

AmeriCorps Youth Outdoors Members<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__conservationcorps.catsone.com_careers_index.php-3Fm-3Dportal-26a-3Ddetails-26jobOrderID-3D11431982&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=Vlf1-qdlmvUkHnbO0d_QlxknaFOv-yDwI99PAvpCy4U&s=JcBkTRtxfpHoToBGSLLP7ohWryRuEEkYE0jTvqpLAFo&e=> (ages 18-25) perform natural resource restoration projects with a crew of their adult peers and engage Twin Cities youth in after-school service projects and environmental education. In spring and fall, corpsmembers lead crews of Twin Cities’ youth participants (ages 15-18) in environmental education and community service projects or work with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and other project partners to complete site renovation and training at designated School Forest sites across the state.

AmeriCorps Field Crew Members and Leaders<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__conservationcorps.catsone.com_careers_index.php-3Fm-3Dportal-26a-3Dlistings-26portalID-3D3936&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=Vlf1-qdlmvUkHnbO0d_QlxknaFOv-yDwI99PAvpCy4U&s=YPJ24CmPlY5R-CI687i7xOfD0Lh9ztlSS0ruGkjqFjk&e=> (ages 18-25) receive on-the-job training and complete natural resource conservation projects such as tree planting, exotic species management, trail construction, stream bank stabilization, prescribed burning, wildland fire fighting and emergency response. Corps members also get the chance to work alongside conservation professionals and explore career options within the environmental field.

All our AmeriCorps members receive the following benefits:

  *   Monthly stipend
  *   AmeriCorps education award upon successful completion of term that can be used for school expenses or to repay federally-backed student loans
  *   Skills training and job experience
  *   Health insurance
  *   Student loan forbearance during service term

If you know anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, I’d greatly appreciate if you would pass along this information! Applicants can apply online at http://www.conservationcorps.org/apply<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.conservationcorps.org_apply&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=Vlf1-qdlmvUkHnbO0d_QlxknaFOv-yDwI99PAvpCy4U&s=KUGVKof1dlDQhvZsftNRpE9r2lpb_ueltbGyOHZu5iY&e=>. Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions or would like more information.

Anja Hogan

Thank you for support!

Anja Hogan   (she/her)
Northwest District Manager

Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa
1601 Minnesota Dr | Brainerd MN 56401 | www.conservationcorps.org
Phone (218) 203-4465 | Mobile (612) 719-4276

resources restored. lives changed.
[cid:[log in to unmask]]