Dear colleagues,

Our department is looking to hire a tenure track faculty specializing in IB in Latin American (see link below):

Best regards,

Sui Sui | PhD
Associate Professor, Global Management Studies
Ted Rogers School of Management
Ryerson University

TRSM Global Management Studies
Deadline to Apply: Friday, February 1, 2019

At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.

The Opportunity
The Department of Global Management Studies at the Ted Rogers School of Management ( www.ryerson.ca/tedrogersschool. ) invites applications for a tenure stream faculty position at the Assistant rank to commence on July 1, 2019, subject to final budgetary approval.

Ted Rogers School of Management (TRSM) at Ryerson University is developing collaborative, creative leaders who will drive 21st century business forward while making a positive impact on society. Home to nearly 10,000 students and more than 200 industry-connected faculty, TRSM is Canada's leading diverse, entrepreneurial business school centred in an urban learning environment. TRSM offers 12 Bachelor of Commerce degrees, two Bachelor of Health Administration degrees, the Ted Rogers MBA, a Master in Health Administration (Community Care), a Master of Science in Management, Professional Master’s Diploma and Executive Education courses. TRSM is also home to 15 innovative research centres, institutes and labs.

The Global Management Studies Department thrives as one of the largest and most popular programs within the Ted Rogers School of Management. The Department’s strategic vision is to produce global citizens who have the breadth and depth of knowledge to make good business decisions by providing relevant research on important global issues. Our team of experts develop and teach courses related to business environments in key strategic world regions. We seek a dynamic individual with global expertise to join our team.

Responsibilities
Main responsibilities include:

  1. Maintaining a strong, independent, externally-funded research agenda that includes high quality peer-reviewed publications;
  2. Teaching at both the graduate and undergraduate levels;
  3. Supervision of both graduate and undergraduate students;
  4. Participating in service on the Faculty and Departmental committees;
  5. Designing curriculum within the field of Global Management; and
  6. Development of a regional course on the Latin American Business Environment.

Qualifications
Candidates must have a PhD (or demonstrate that they are all-but-dissertation (ABD) and very close to  completion) in management, international business or a closely related discipline. Successful candidates must have demonstrated evidence of related teaching excellence at the undergraduate level and a demonstrated capacity for collaboration, collegial service and an interest in working with our student groups. Candidates must demonstrate evidence of an emerging scholarly record and the ability to establish an independent, externally funded research program. Preference will be given to candidates with business practice expertise in Latin America and prior international private/public sector work experience.

Equity at Ryerson University
Ryerson University welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. Please note that
all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent
residents will be given priority.

As an employer, we are working towards a people first culture and are proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and a Greater Toronto’s Top Employer for 2015, 2016 and 2017. To learn more about our work environment, colleagues, leaders, students and innovative educational environment, visit www.ryerson.ca , check out @RyersonU , @RyersonHR and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.

How to Apply
Applicants are asked to apply online via the Faculty Recruitment Portal ( click on “Start Application process” Above to begin ).

The application must contain the following:

  • A letter of application and curriculum vitae
  • Sample of a recent research paper
  • Teaching evaluations (or equivalent evidence such as a teaching dossier)
  • The names of at least 3 individuals who may be contacted for reference letters.

Aboriginal candidates who would like to learn more about working at Ryerson University are welcome to contact Ms. Tracey King, M.Ed., Aboriginal HR Consultant, Aboriginal Recruitment and Retention Initiative, at [log in to unmask]

Please indicate in your application if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.

Applications and any confidential inquiries can be directed to the Chair of Global Management Studies, Professor Michael Manjuris at [log in to unmask]" style="color:rgb(0,90,156)">[log in to unmask] . The review of the applications will begin February 1 st , 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.

Any inquiries regarding accessing the Ryerson Recruitment Portal can be sent to Laurie Shemavonian at [log in to unmask]" style="color:rgb(0,90,156)">[log in to unmask] .Aboriginal candidates who would like to learn more about working at Ryerson University are welcome to contact Ms.Tracey King, M.Ed., Aboriginal HR Consultant, Aboriginal Recruitment and Retention Initiative, at [log in to unmask]" style="color:rgb(0,90,156)">[log in to unmask] .

This position falls under the jurisdiction of the Ryerson Faculty Association (RFA) and relevant information can be found as follows:

RFA Website: www.rfanet.ca .
RFA Collective Agreement:
https://www.ryerson.ca/content/dam/faculty-affairs/rfa-collective-agreement/RFA_CA_2015_to_2018.pdf
RFA Benefits: https://www.ryerson.ca/hr/employee-resources/rfa/full-time-LTF/benefits/

Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.