Professor/Associate Professor, International Business, Graduate School of Management (GSM)

·         Provide leadership in International Business within the GSM at our top ranked and triple crown accredited Business School

·         Live and work in New Zealand’s largest, most cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city

·         Collaborate with business leaders and policy-makers to explore global opportunities for growth

Sustained growth in demand for GSM programmes has created an opportunity for us to grow our team by appointing an Associate or Full Professor in International Business.

We are enthusiastic about growing our capacity, either by strengthening our existing expertise in internationalisation of SMEs, Asian business and global value chains or developing further opportunities for International Business as it relates to strategy, entrepreneurship, management and marketing. Applicants will be comfortable teaching programmes that require broad knowledge of international business curriculum, whilst developing the profile of their own research interests, and the impact this can have on our growing international economy and benefit society more broadly.

New Zealand pioneered free trade agreements with Asian markets which are important to our export-oriented economy, demonstrating the strength of our policy-makers’ commitment to internationalisation and their willingness to engage with the research community to build their knowledge and understanding. The SME’s that dominate our economy are equally motivated to better understand how to build sustainable business through internationalisation. Our academics appreciate the ease with which they are able to engage meaningfully with practitioners and policy-makers for mutual benefit.

The University of Auckland’s ranking in the top 100 of the 2019 QS World Universities Ranking (ranking top in New Zealand in 37 out of 40 subject areas including Business & Management and Economics) confirms both its status as New Zealand’s pre-eminent research-led university and its place amongst the top 1% of universities worldwide.

The Graduate School of Management (GSM) enhances our well established reputation for delivering high value, relevant and challenging learning experiences that maximise the employment outcomes for graduates.  Our commitment to innovative, research-informed teaching practices, case-based and experiential learning, and the integration of professional and personal skill development into the curriculum, secures demand for our programmes and ensures the quality of our graduates.

The GSM is a multi-disciplinary department with faculty who are characterised by their desire to make a difference to business in New Zealand and the international perspective and connections they bring and continue to foster. You will be motivated by the opportunity to work collaboratively, to mentor, develop and lead others and to deliver an extraordinary and top-quality student experience. You will continue to enhance your own international research record, whilst providing leadership to further develop the research culture in the GSM.

As you will contribute to the development and delivery of applied and practice-based, demand-driven curriculum for MBA, PGDip (post-experience) and Business Masters (pre-experience) programmes as well as Executive Education, it is essential you have experience engaging with internationally diverse postgraduate student cohorts. In addition, you will have a demonstrable track record of quality research outputs that will enable you to engage in research and supervision within, and desirably across, disciplinary boundaries.

For further information please contact:

Clare Litten, University of Auckland, DDI: +64 9 923 9096, email: [log in to unmask]

Dr Kathrin Soehnel, University of Auckland, DDI: +64 9 923 9006, email: [log in to unmask]

Applications should be submitted via the University website www.opportunities.auckland.ac.nz by 18 February 2019

Position Reference: 20371

The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Mâori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support and flexible work go to http://www.equity.auckland.ac.nz