*Around the Table***

  /“Setting the Table: Preparing for the Future of Local Food"///

Wednesday, November 7th,
4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
North Central Michigan College
Iron Horse Cafe

1515 Howard Street
Petoskey, MI 49770

For more information: 231-881-2784
or [log in to unmask]

/*It’s time to talk ...*/

What are the needs and what we can accomplish together to enhance local
food and farming in our community?

Five years ago the Petoskey-Harbor Springs Area Community Foundation
convened a community meeting concerning their Good Food Initiative. At
that meeting community members provided valuable input on immediate and
long-term priorities for local food and farming activities.

At “Setting the Table” we will revisit the good work done at that
meeting. Our objectives will be to celebrate the successes of the past
five years, gather community input to identify new priorities, and set
goals for advancing locally grown food in our region.

The event will include a /*Certified Local Food Event */meal for all
participants, and it will be a /*Certified Zero Waste Event*/ as well.

Local Food Dinner provided by Iron Horse Café, the Grain Train Natural
Food Markets,and Crooked Tree Breadworks

/*Regist**er***for Around the Table!/

https://goo.gl/forms/8hE060tRfTxtvcFe2

/*Sponsors of Around the Table include:*
//Local Food Alliance, Petoskey-Harbor Springs Area Community
Foundation,  Grain Train Natural Foods Markets, Health Dept of NW
Michigan, North Central Michigan College, Taste the Local Difference,
Friendship Centers of Emmet County, 1Senior Homecare, Crooked Tree
Breadworks, Emmet County Recycling, Groundwork Center for Resilient
Communities,  MSU Extension, Crosshatch Center for Art and Ecology, and
the USDA Risk Management Agency /(This is an equal opportunity employer
and provider)

--
Larry Dyer
231-881-2784

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html