Dear colleagues,

On behalf of my co-editors in Kritika Kultura and my colleagues in the European Centre for International Political Economy (ECIPE), I would like to invite you and your colleagues to the international conference on Cultural Practices and Policies in the Digital and Global Age. The conference will be held on Nov. 22 and 23, 2018, at Leong Hall, Ateneo de Manila University.

The conference seeks to investigate the changing nature of culture and its industries brought on by globalization and digitization at national, regional, and international contexts. Specifically, it looks at the way governments, businesses, and industries respond to or interact within, the changing nature of the culture and media markets where information technology and social media alter the way content is being produced, delivered, and consumed. From a broader perspective, this conference is an opportunity to cultivate a network of researchers working on issues related to today's cultural industries. Articles exploring the theme will be included in Kritika Kultura 32, which will be launched during the conference.

The 14 conference presenters have various academic backgrounds and their presentations will cover a wide range of topics in today’s cultural industries, in particular the film and music sectors that influence so much our daily lives. They will further cover culture, cultural diversity, and the future of cultural industries. This conference will highlight the importance of embracing, yet maintaining a critical stance to, globalization and digitization in order to develop a rich cultural practice. It also hopes to deliver important implications in terms of cultural policies that can help cultural industries in other countries to advance further.

Kindly find below the conference program and the abstracts. The conference is free of charge. Any queries related to the conference may be sent to [log in to unmask] (subject heading: Cultural Practices and Policies).

We hope to see you and your colleagues in Nov. 22 and 23, 2018 at Ateneo de Manila University.

Sincerely yours,

Vincenz Serrano, PhD

Editor in Chief

Kritika Kultura