Dear Colleagues,

Please find below our Call for Book Chapters. Kindly consider submitting a manuscript; if not, please share the announcement with your colleagues who might be interested.

Best,

Babu.

Babu John Mariadoss Ph.D.

Associate Editor, European Journal of Marketing

Associate Professor & IBUS Fellow

Dept. of Marketing and International Business

Carson College of Business, Washington State University

388 Todd Addition

Pullman, WA  99164-4730

509-335-6354 Mouse

Call for submissions for a scholarly book on Marketing Strategy

Raj Echambadi (Northeastern University) and Babu John Mariadoss (Washington State University) are co-editing a book tentatively titled, ‘Marketing Strategy and Bottom-line Impact: A Roadmap for Research Opportunities.’ We welcome submissions, in the form of a book chapter, from AIB members.

What is the purpose of this book? The business world is changing rapidly requiring organizations to be more competitive, and customer-centric. We see how technologies have provided opportunities for nascent startups to disrupt established business models that had not fundamentally changed for decades resulting in a changing business landscape. Technologies have made certain occupations obsolete while creating new ones. Technologies now enable work to be separated from time and space while increasing competition. As a result, companies need new ways to manage their strategies, people, costs, and risks. Inherently, marketing strategy is a field that fuses theoretical rigor with relevance to the real-world. As such, marketing strategy has the opportunity to develop relevant intellectual capital in order for firms to develop organization-wide initiatives for enhanced value creation, and help companies with practical implications thereby providing bottom-line impact.

We are positioning the book as an introductory primer in marketing strategy for doctoral students and interested strategy scholars to help create research agendas that are both rigorous and relevant. While we are open to traditional chapters including product, place, price, and promotion issues, we are especially interested in papers across a variety of cutting-edge topics including the roles of digital transformation, sales, emergent technologies, analytics, emerging markets, international marketing strategies, innovation, and measurement in strategy formulation and execution.

Please feel free to send your review papers, empirical or conceptual articles on any topic in Marketing Strategy. This could also be a good opportunity to bring to light your amazing research that may, by some chance, be languishing in your file drawers. We would require a preliminary submission (maximum of 7,500 words) by January 31st 2019. Manuscripts will be peer reviewed prior to acceptance.

Could we request an indication of interest in a submission along with a topic area to this edited book as soon as possible? We’ll be happy to answer any questions that you may have in order to make the decision.

Thank you.

Best,

Raj Echambadi & Babu John Mariadoss.

Raj Echambadi