The undergraduate entrepreneurship program is nearly three years old, and we spent the summer completely revising the Learning Objectives and tightening-up other programmatic elements. The new document is attached, and it replaces any previous documentation about the entrepreneurship programs. We are now embarking on an effort to re-engineer the social entrepreneurship track-a process which should be completed in the spring. In addition, please note the following:

  *   We have created a new subject code, ESHP, for entrepreneurship courses. Next year some existing courses will get renamed, and the opportunity now exists for cross-listing.
  *   Students earning a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation<https://eship.msu.edu/> ("E&I Minor") can now complete one of their two required Entrepreneurship and Innovation Experiences<https://entrepreneurship.msu.edu/experiences/> with a faculty member (or instructor) who teaches one of the 50 entrepreneurship electives. Previously students could only complete entrepreneurship experiences with faculty outside of the entrepreneurship curriculum! We've seen a 136% increase so far this semester in student participation as a result.
  *   We are seeing some interesting positive trends about the participation of African American students and first-generation college students in the E&I Minor. The Office of Planning and Budgets is helping us do a deeper analysis to see whether there's anything going on that's actionable. It seems that this area is ripe for research in case anyone is interested.
  *   The attached Curriculum Review Form is being used to document the content of each elective in the E&I Minor as it relates to the Learning Objectives.
  *   Everyone is welcome to join the ESHIPFACULTY listserv to stay abreast of our developments and to communicate directly with the other entrepreneurship faculty members.

Please circulate this to your faculty and advisors. I am always happy to meet with anyone to discuss these findings and talk about ways in which you can incorporate elements of the curriculum into your existing programs or leverage what we have for your students' success.

Neil Kane
Director of Undergraduate Entrepreneurship
Michigan State University
632 Bogue Street, Room N120
East Lansing, MI 48824
Cell: 312-404-3507

Visit the Student Marketplace<https://entrepreneurship.msu.edu/marketplace/>!
Entrepreneurship Portal:  https://entrepreneurship.msu.edu
Information about Entrepreneurship and Innovation Experiences: https://entrepreneurship.msu.edu/experiences/
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/MSUEship/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSU_Eship
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/neilkane

Going from "Why I can't" to "Why can't I?"