Colleagues, with apologies for cross-posting, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the below information regarding PhD scholarships in Cork University Business School, UCC, Ireland to any interested candidates. We are very open to high quality candidates in the domain of international business/management/hrm

Kind regards,

Anthony

ANTHONY MCDONNELL (PhD, BBS, MCIPD)

Head, Department of Management & Marketing

Professor (Chair) of Human Resource Management

Co-Editor-in-Chief, Human Resource Management Journal

CORK UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL

University College Cork, Ireland

T +353 (0)21 490 3735

Twitter: @amcdonnell_hrm

LinkedIn Profile

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Independent Thinking, Shared Ambition: UCC Strategic Plan 2017-2022

Watch University College Cork: River of Life

Machnamh Neamhspleách, Comh-Mhian: Coláiste na hOllscoile Corcaigh Plean Straitéiseach 2017-2022

Féach Coláiste na hOllscoile Corcaigh: Abha na Beatha

PhD Scholarship Opportunities

(within all disciplines of management and marketing)

The Department of Management and Marketing, Cork University Business School, University College Cork invites motivated and talented graduates with outstanding academic records to apply to our PhD Scholarship scheme. We are looking to recruit the highest calibre PhD students from across the globe. Our scholarships offer up to four years funding, covering doctoral programme tuition fees and an annual stipend of €16,000 per year (subject to satisfactory progress in studies). Teaching experience will also be provided and is part of the scholarship.

The Department of Management and Marketing is committed to providing a dynamic and supportive learning and research environment, which recognises the diverse backgrounds and interests of both students and staff. In line with this, the successful applicant will be provided with a supportive supervisory team and be provided with learning and networking opportunities to attain the highest standards of academic excellence. These scholarships seek to build on our already strong cohort of PhD scholars.

We are looking for graduates who have a strong desire to earn a PhD that will attain the highest standards of academic excellence and positively influence their discipline.

Prospective applicants are directed to the list of potential research projects listed here and to then consider the areas of expertise that exist in the Department (please refer to the faculty profiles on the Cork University Business School website) when developing the proposal.  Please note that we will consider research proposals not linked to the projects above.

The successful applicants will receive tailored guidance on their research, be part of a burgeoning research focused Department, gain access to key international networks, in addition to gaining experience in third-level teaching. The supervisory team will be drawn from scholars with a strong track record in publishing in the leading international journals and texts in their field of expertise, gaining competitive research funding, and hold various editorial positions. The successful applicant can be confident that s/he will be on the right path to a successful academic career through completing their PhD in UCC.

If you have any queries on the scholarships or PhD programme then please contact Dr. Ronan Carbery at [log in to unmask], Director of Postgraduate Teaching and Learning.

Applicant criteria

To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must have obtained a standard of at least Second Class Honours, Grade I in a relevant Masters degree.

If English is not your first language you will need to satisfy the English language requirement:

            IELTS: 6.5- with no individual section lower than 5.5

                TOEFL: 90 - with minimum scores as follows: Listening- 17; Reading - 18; Speaking - 20; Writing – 17

How to apply

The closing date for PhD scholarship applications is 12 noon on Friday 30th November 2018.  Presentations and interviews will take place in December 2018.

To apply you must email through a completed application form In the case of applicants where English is not your first language, you must also provide evidence that you meet the entry criteria set out above.

Please note that candidates who do not submit a fully completed application form (and evidence of satisfying the English language requirements where required) by the specific deadline will not be considered. Please note that we reserve the right to check any submitted proposal for originality.

Your application should be emailed to Derek O’Meara: [log in to unmask].  Every application will be acknowledged.

The successful scholarship awardees will then have to submit a formal application through the University applicant system with an anticipated start date in either January or April 2019.

Download the application form here

To unsubscribe from the HRDIV_NET list, click the following link:
http://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?TICKET=NzM3MDE1IGFudGhvbnkubWNkb25uZWxsQFVDQy5JRSBIUkRJVl9ORVQgIFI5bKdhiCLx&c=SIGNOFF