Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to share with you the latest issue of our Global Investment Trends Monitor.

Highlights:

The FDI trends for the first half of 2018 risk bringing global investment down to its lowest level for more than a decade, driven more by policy factors than by the economic cycle. How to build and maintain a global policy climate that is conducive to investment in sustainable development will be discussed by policymakers from around the world at next week’s World Investment Forum, from 22-26 October at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.

Best regards,

James X. Zhan
Director, Investment and Enterprise
Lead, World Investment Report
United Nations Conference on Trade & Development
Palais des Nations, Geneva
http://www.unctad.org/wir
http://www.worldinvestmentforum.org
http://investmentpolicyhub.unctad.org