AAOM REMINDER (apologies for cross-posting)

The submission deadline for the Asia Academy of Management (AAOM) 11th biennial conference in Bali, Indonesia, on June 19-21, 2019, is October 15, 2018. Please check out the attached pdf call for papers and send in your submissions to [log in to unmask]

For this exciting conference, we have lined up a total of five interesting professional development workshops (PDWs), all scheduled for June 19, 2019:

(I) AAOM PhD CONSORTIUM (PhD CONSORTIUM CO-CHAIRS: Xiaohua Yang, University of San Francisco, USA ([log in to unmask]), Badri Munir Sukoco, Universitas Airlangga, Indonesia ([log in to unmask])

(II) TWO AACSB TRAINING WORKSHOPS (SPEAKER: Stephanie Bryant, Executive Vice President and Chief Accreditation Officer, AACSB)

(1) Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About AACSB Accreditation

(2) Case Studies in AACSB Accreditation: Three Asia Pacific Schools

(III) TWO RESEARCH METHODS WORKSHOPS

(1) Avoiding Desk Rejection Because of Ignoring State-of-the-Art Statistical Analyses  (SPEAKERS: Daphne W. Yiu, Chinese University of Hong Kong ([log in to unmask]); Rico Lam, University of Macau; Iris Zhang, University of Macau)

(2) New Ways to Conceptualize and Analyze Individual Characteristics and Interactions (SPEAKERS: Chi-Sum Wong, Chinese University of Hong Kong ([log in to unmask]); Yan Liu, Wuhan University; Kelly Z. Peng, Hong Kong Shue Yan University; Xu Huang, Hong Kong Baptist University)

And for the REGULAR program on June 20-21, 2019, we have also lined up the following activities:

Presidential speech: Ajay Gaur, Rutgers University

Keynote speech: Jason Shaw, Nanyang Technological University / Editor, Academy of Management Journal

Corporate panel Speakers: Pahala Mansyuri, CEO, Garuda Indonesia; Handry Satriago, CEO, GE Indonesia; Ira Puspadewi, CEO, ASDP Indonesia Ferry; Abdul Latief, Founder/CEO, Pasaraya

Deans’ panel: The future of business schools (SPEAKERS: Robin Chow, associate dean, College of Commerce, National Chengchi University; Varghese Jacob, vice dean, Jindal School of Management, University of Texas at Dallas; Budi Soetjipto, vice rector, Universitas Pertamina)

Department chairs’ panel: “I wish I knew these before I signed up as a department chair” (SPEAKERS: Seung-Hyun Lee, University of Texas at Dallas; Vikas Kumar, University of Sydney; Mo Wang, University of Florida; Daphne Yiu, Chinese University of Hong Kong; Jisun Yu, Concordia University)

Regards,

Mike Peng, Ph.D.
Program Chair – Asia Academy of Management Conference, 2019 (Bali)
Jindal Chair of Global Strategy
Jindal School of Management
University of Texas at Dallas
www.mikepeng.com

David Ahlstrom
Program Co-Chair – Asia Academy of Management Conference, 2019 (Bali)
Professor--The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Senior Editor—Journal of World Business
Consulting Editor—Asia Pacific Journal of Management
CUHK Business School
Dept. of Management
Shatin, NT
Hong Kong