Hello Gardeners and Farmers!

Here are two events that you do not want to miss!

Garden Health Field Day
Friday, September 21 | 9:15am - 4:30pm
The Garden Project and MSU Extension will host an GARDEN HEALTH FIELD DAY for community and urban gardeners at two of mid-Michigan’s finest community gardens.The morning session will be held at Hill Community Garden, located at 5815 Wise Road, Lansing, Michigan, 48911. The afternoon session will be held down the road at Webster Farm, a 3-acre community garden. Throughout the day, growers will have the opportunity to participate in hands-on demonstrations as they learn about soil health, pest control, cover cropping, composting, soil test kits and more. Every type of grower is welcome, from community and urban gardeners, to homesteaders, farmers and newbies.  Registration is $20 and will include lunch from Teff-Riffic Ethiopian and plenty of goodies to take home.  If cost is barrier, let us know.  We have scholarships! For more information and to register, click here.

Garden Project Perennial Plant Exchange
Saturday, September 22 | 1:00 pm
Resource Center
Come with a few items you need to divide, leave with a few new favorites! This annual tradition kicks off at 1:00 sharp. Arrive promptly to be able to participate.  Please come even if you do not have plants to exchange.  We will be bringing a lot of extra!
Click here to register and see some of the plants that will be available.

Here are just some of the plants we have available so far:

  • Giant Solomon's Seal
  • Strawberries
  • Mint
  • Sage
  • Hostas
  • Raspberries
  • Chives
  • Echinacea (Purple Cone Flower)
  • Thornless Blackberries
  • Walking Onions
  • Tickseed
  • Comfrey
  • Horse Radish
  • Cup Plants
  • Butterfly Weed
  • Angelica
  • Rhubarb
  • Beebalm
  • Lilies
  • Gooseberries
  • Irises
  • Sunchokes/Jerusalem Artichokes
  • Black-Eyed Susans
  • Shasta Daisies
  • Knapweed

I look forward to seeing you there!

Donny

Donny Comer program and education coordinator
mailing: p.o. box 16224 | lansing, mi 48901
office: 919 filley | lansing, mi 48906
warehouse: 2116 mint | lansing, mi 48906
p: 517.853.7802 f: 517.853.7817 | www.greaterlansingfoodbank.org

GLFB_FA logo_2

Serving Eaton, Ingham, Clinton, Shiawassee, Gratiot, Isabella & Clare counties.

 e943ecc8-5be2-4768-a17e-1b829b908afe 541aa3ae-22f4-4ed9-bfd4-35cb8d8633b6