From: Carol Ormand <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:25:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Where GER has impacted traditional geoscience

I echo Julie's sentiments... Great question, Glenn.

You asked, "Have there been cases, published research where a GER project actually advanced traditional geoscience?" Tim Shipley, Basil Tikoff, I, and Cathy Manduca published some of our work in the Journal of Structural Geology, for reasons that sound similar to Julie's publication in Tectonophysics. Your colleagues might find the reference compelling:

Shipley, Thomas F., Basil Tikoff, Carol J. Ormand, and Cathryn A. Manduca (2013). Structural Geology Practice and Learning, from the Perspective of Cognitive Science: Journal of Structural Geology, v. 54, pp. 72-84.

cheers,
Carol

Carol Ormand, Ph.D.
She / Her