Dear Members of the Academy of International Business,

It is my pleasure to inform you that registration (http://worldinvestmentforum.unctad.org/2018-registrationfor the 2018 World Investment Forum Academic Conference has opened. The conference convenes scholars of international business, economics, law and other relevant fields for a day-long multi-disciplinary academic conference in the context of the UNCTAD World Investment Forum 2018. The co-organizers are the Academy of International Business, the Society of International Economic Law, and the Graduate Institute Geneva.

Theme: Setting the Future Investment Research Agenda

Time and place: 26 October 2018, Palais des Nations, Geneva.

Provisional programme:

In addition, editors of UNCTAD’s TNC Journal and AIB’s JIBP Journal will discuss the demand for academic research to inform policymaking during a Meet the Editors session.

Student subsidy: Students from developing countries may apply directly to the Geneva Welcome Centre (CAGI) for financial assistance to attend the Academic Conference. Subject to eligibility.

Visit the WIF Academic Conference website for more details, updates and practical information.

I look forward to welcoming you to the 2018 WIF Academic Conference in Geneva!

Richard Bolwijn

Chief, Investment Research Branch

Investment and Enterprise

UNCTAD