Dear Colleagues,

It is our pleasure to share with you the latest issue of our Academic Journal Transnational Corporations

Transnational Corporations is a policy-oriented refereed research journal on issues related to investment, multinational enterprises and development. It is an official journal of the United Nations, managed by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).

Volume 25 marks a year of change for the journal. Issue 1 shows a refreshed design aligned with the look and feel of the World Investment Report. Issue 2 will be a special issue on MNEs, Investment and International Taxation, with contributions from top scholars and practitioners in the field. And issue 3 will be launched on the occasion of the Academic Conference at the World Investment Forum in Geneva on 26 October, setting the multi-disciplinary research agenda on investment for development for the years to come. A new Advisory Board has been appointed to strategically guide the journal through its transition; a new Editorial Team, has been put in place to manage rigorous parallel academic and policymaker review processes for research contributions; and publishing will be professionalized over the course of the year.

We very much welcome contributions from scholars in the academic community and beyond for future issues of the journal. As an official United Nations journal, contributions have opportunities to feed directly into policy research debated at global conferences and intergovernmental meetings and have real impact on national and international policymaking. Guidance on the type of contributions we are looking for can be found in our editorial statement and guidelines for contributors.

I would very much like to welcome all Members of our WIN Academic Network to the Academic Conference at WIF, organized in partnership with the Academy of International Business (AIB) and the Society of International Economic Law (SIEL). Details on registration and a preliminary programme of the conference can be found here.

James X. Zhan

Director, Investment and Enterprise
Lead, World Investment Report

http://worldinvestmentreport.unctad.org