From: "Hummel, Stephanie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, April 2, 2018 at 9:02 AM
To: Jim Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: USFWS Job Announcement

Hi Jim,

   I am hiring a biologist to be a part of the team I manage and thought I'd pass along the job posting to you to help distribute if you see fit.  This is a "true" recruitment posting, in that I don't have anyone in mind to fill the position.  The position is a GS-11 level, which means applicants much have a PhD, or a combination of MS + minimum of 1 year of work experience to be eligible to apply, or 3+ years of work experience.  I have guaranteed funding for the next 18 months with a high probability of extension.  This position would be for a biologist to join the team I manage, funded through the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative.  My team works on toxicology issues in the Great Lakes with fisheries resources and native freshwater mussels, as well as water quality.  We do a little bit of everything, research, report writing, outreach, professional presentations, etc.  I am looking for a candidate who can "do it all".  We're wrapping up this segment of research and need to be publishing work and doing outreach, but then as long as funding continues we'll be starting another segment of research, starting the scientific process all over again.  If an applicant has any questions feel free to pass along my contact information.

The link for the position is below.  The application period opened today and closes on April 13th.  The position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
o    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495316700<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.usajobs.gov_GetJob_ViewDetails_495316700&d=DwMFaQ&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=Ek-8-YhMpSpZDq-S5Zqi2-oRXtKQ4jmRa3YQhACxU7E&s=D_UnbjWLocqTI1b8l9NJIQdmdwlm0wdbwspzpTtgGpY&e=>

Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks!
Steph

Stephanie Hummel, PhD, AWB®
Fish and Wildlife Biologist
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Ecological Services
Region 3, Regional Office
5600 American Blvd West; Suite 990
Bloomington, MN 55437
Office Phone: 612-713-5197