I invite research papers for this special issue on following topics, but are not limited to: Special issue
on " Corporate Announcements, Breaking News and Firm Performance"
for International Journal of Comparative Management, Inderscience publishers.
Dear AIB moderator and Researchers,
Request you to circulate the call for papers
*******Apologies for cross-Posting****************
- Public announcement of launching firms' new products/services
including technology and firm's performance (e.g. Sorescu et al., 2007;
Talay et al., 2017; Zhang and Choi, 2018)
- Stock market reactions to press notices by companies with wide economic moats
- Crashes/black days/reversal/correction in stock markets resulting from major corporate announcements
- Irrational exuberance resulting from major corporate announcements
- Corporate performance after the announcement of mergers and acquisitions
- Industry shocks resulting from mergers and acquisitions (e.g. telecommunications)
- Consequences of announcements concerning money laundering and corporate frauds
- Impact of whistleblowing on firm's performance
- Corporate announcements relating to initial public offerings
- Vaporware announcements (e.g. Prentice and Langmore, 1994; Bayus et al., 2001; Haan, 2003)
- Notifications concerning litigation, disputes and final verdict
- Business/banking/economy breaking news and firm's quick
reactions and outcomes (e.g. unexpected top-level managerial deaths,
Quigley et al., 2017)
- Political/jurisdiction breaking news and firm's quick reactions and outcomes
- World's breaking news and firm's quick reactions and outcomes (e.g. the effects of Brexit, Ramiah et al., 2017)
- Global financial crisis, corporate restructuring announcements and firm performance
- Budgetary remedies and central banks' policies in aftermath of the financial crisis
- Contemporary challenges and policy solutions in corporate performance and governance management
Manuscripts due by: 15 August, 2018
Notification to authors: 30 September, 2018
Final versions due by: 30 November, 2018
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should
not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration
for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be
submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate
written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of
the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
For detailed information, please check following links: