The Alan Rugman Visiting Fellowship  Programme

We are pleased to invite applications for the Alan Rugman visiting fellowship programme for the 2018-19 academic year, hosted by the John H. Dunning Centre for International Business at the Henley Business School, University of Reading.

The Alan Rugman Visiting Fellowship was established in 2015. This is an annual award which honours the work of the late Professor Alan Rugman, and is therefore available to scholars whose work is explicitly linked to topics aligned with his academic interests. The award is in part available thanks to a donation from Helen Rugman in memory to her late husband.

For a list of previous fellows and other details,  visit the Centre's website www.henley.ac.uk/dunning

Visiting fellows are expected to give at least one seminar, and to spend between 2 and 4 weeks in residence over an academic year (between September and June), and are seeking to develop joint research with our faculty.

Applicants must be actively engaged in research. Unlike the Dunning Fellowship programme, we do not restrict applications to early- and mid-career, and applicants at any stage of their career may apply. However, we have a preference for those at an earlier stage of their career.

Applications are invited from interested candidates for the academic year 2018-19. Interested parties should submit:

1.      a research proposal, indicating expected output associated with the fellowship, making clear the link with Alan Rugman's work. Please be very clear on how specific collaborations with our staff will help these plans;

2.      A detailed CV, listing publications;

3.       A cover letter indicating how the applicants will benefit from an association with the Henley Business School and its members and fits with the values and research tradition of the Reading School.

We will subsidise the scholar’s expenses associated with travel and board. However, applicants are encouraged to seek supplementary resources from other sponsors. Academics who are seeking to take a sabbatical may find this especially appealing.

Applications  (and queries) should be addressed to Rajneesh Narula at [log in to unmask], and need to be received by 15 May 2018.A decision will be made by early June.

Rajneesh Narula, OBE, PhD, FRSA

The John H. Dunning Chair in International Business

Henley Business School, Reading University

Research Director, IBS

Area Editor, Journal of International Business Studies

http://www.linkedin.com/in/narula1

http://goo.gl/Jk8QCj