Lecturer in International Business

Aston Business School, Birmingham, United Kingdom

Salary:

£32,548 to £47,722 per annum

Grade 8 or 9

Basis:

Full Time

Closing Date:

23.59 hours BST on Monday 23 April 2018

Interview Date:

To be confirmed

Reference:

R180167

We are seeking a highly motivated, high-profile academic with the ability and interest in providing research, teaching and impact leadership in the field of International Business. IB is a broad discipline to candidates should ensure that their research fits in with our department members. A significant majority of scholars in our department have a background in economics and applied econometrics so we would welcome candidates with similar attributes but we would also consider scholars who could add an additional dimension to our team. Recently, Dr Chris Jones obtained funding via the Leverhulme Trust in relation to his research on the tax avoidance behaviour of MNEs. Hence, an academic with an interest in this area would be highly sort out but not necessarily essential. Candidates who have a background in using firm-level data, for example ORBIS, would also be of interest.

Aston Business School of Aston University is one of Europe’s leading research-intensive business schools, with the majority of its research rated world-leading or internationally excellent in the REF 2014. Aston Business School is accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. Aston University was an early signatory to the UN backed Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME) and is at the forefront of responsible management education. The School has a thriving research culture and strong demand from well-qualified students for all its undergraduate, postgraduate and post-experience courses. Aston University is one of only three Universities in the UK to hold the Small Business Charter gold award, in recognition of the support offered to SMEs. For the last four years Aston has delivered the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses programme.

You will have a PhD and be able to demonstrate excellence in, and a passion for, your field of study, evidenced by a publication record that is developing or extensive in leading IB journals. You will influence the future direction of the Economics, Finance and Entrepreneurship department in areas of research and the development of taught programmes, PhD and DBA supervision and external engagement.

Web link to apply: https://jobs.aston.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=R180167

Further particulars and application forms are available in alternative formats on request i.e. large print, Braille, tape or CD Rom.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact HR via [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] or Dr Chris Jones [log in to unmask]

Aston University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.

Dr Chris Jones BA, MSc, MEd, PhD,

Department Head: Economics, Finance & Entrepreneurship

Reader in Economics

http://static.aston.ac.uk/emails/sigs/abs.gif

Room SW1018

Aston Triangle