Dear Colleagues,

It is my pleasure to inform that registration for the 2018 World Investment Forum has officially opened. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the World Investment Forum.

Date and place

The Forum will be held 22-26 October 2018 at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.

Theme

Under the overall theme of Investing in Sustainable Development, this year’s Forum will address global challenges for international investment in the new era of globalization and industrialization. It will explore solution-driven initiatives and partnerships to advance prosperity for all.

Provisional programme

The 2018 World Investment Forum will consist of more than fifty events covering various dimensions of investment. The programme highlights include the Global Investment Game Changers Summit, two Global Leaders Investment Summits, ministerial roundtables, a week-long investment village, private sector-led sessions and networking opportunities. Several events will be co-hosted in partnership with other organizations, a list of which is available on the website.

Participation

The event will host close to 5,000 participants, including Heads of State and Government, ministers, executives of global companies and stock exchanges, sovereign wealth fund managers, investment treaty negotiators, heads of investment promotion agencies, international investment location experts, heads of international organizations, parliamentarians, civil society representatives, eminent scholars, and the international media.

Visit our website for details, updates and practical information.

I look forward to welcoming you to the 2018 World Investment Forum in Geneva!

James X. Zhan
Director, Investment and Enterprise
Lead, World Investment Report

http://worldinvestmentreport.unctad.org