Dear Students,

Are you interested in working with recruiters? Do you love helping your fellow students? Are you looking for an amazing position to increase your visibility in The School of Hospitality Business? If you answered “YES!” to any of these, we may have a position that is right for you!!

The Student & Industry Resource Center “SIRC” is actively looking to hire students to work in the SIRC officeToapply, bring your resume into SIRC (228 Eppley). Please be prepared for a preliminary interview with the current SIRC staff at that time. There is no application deadline, but the sooner you can stop in the better!

Below are minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Involved in Hospitality Association activities and/or events
- Completed at least one internship
- Technology skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Social Media
- Communication skills: The ability to present career and School information in small/large groups as well as in a classroom setting.

What is SIRC? Almost 40 years ago The School established a center to assist the industry in connecting with MSU hospitality students seeking internships and jobs. Supported by a million dollar endowment to ensure that effort is an ongoing priority, SIRC was established.

Job Description: Assist with the following –
1.     Receptionist for The School of Hospitality Business: Basic office work phones, filing and word processing.
2.     Hospitality Career Exploration: Work with students to explore career options through internships, elective classes, visiting with industry professionals, or through discussions.
3.     Jobs and Internships: Work directly with hospitality industry companies and recruiters daily to identify internships and permanent job opportunities for students. Through and online job board called the Job Alert Bulletin we provide instant access to job openings in the industry. SIRC also coordinates on-campus open houses and recruiting for companies interested in hiring our students. Interviews are conducted in theLear Corporation Career Services Center
4.     Professional Development: You will help students learn about business correspondence, and business practices, and how to present a professional image. Some of the topics we cover include: resume content and designcover lettersthank you letters; rejecting, accepting, and comparing offers; professional dress; dining in a business setting; and interviewing skillsYou also have the opportunity to travel to New York City and Chicago to attend annual hospitality industry trade shows and participate in professional development tours and workshops.
5.     CAREER EXPO: Our longstanding annual fall hospitality career fair is led by a team of students and the SIRC staff, with nearly 80 hospitality companies coming to the MSU campus to recruit students from The School for fabulous careers and internships!
6.     Spartan Sponsors: Coordinate with alumni to pair each student with an industry leader that serves in the role of advisor, teacher, wise person and trusted friend.  SIRC assists with management of relationship between student and mentor by coordinating structured contacts and conversations throughout the year.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you!

1481901198319_Capture.JPG