POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW POSITION

The Institute for Management & Innovation (IMI), University of Toronto Mississauga is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to support the research mission of the Institute. The preferred start date is July 1, 2018. This is a 2-year limited appointment position, contingent on excellent performance and continued funding.

Under the primary supervision of the Director of the Institute, Professor Soo Min Toh, the role will have two main responsibilities. First, the postdoctoral fellow will be expected to support the development, execution, and administration of new/on-going research projects related to sustainability, social impact, and innovation. This will be conducted in collaboration with Professor Toh or other affiliated faculty members of the research clusters within IMI. The position will provide an excellent opportunity for an emerging scholar to develop and extend their research program while interacting with a wide range of active researchers.

Second, the postdoctoral fellow will be expected to contribute substantially to the research translation mission of the Institute by preparing research briefs, conference summaries and data for infographics and other forms of communication. The position will also include contributing to coordination of other research, administration, and outreach initiatives of the Institute.

Requirements for the position include a Ph.D. in management, economics, psychology, sociology, or other related social science field with a focus on some aspect of sustainability, impact, and innovation.

Successful candidates will fulfill the following requirements:

The base salary will be CAD $45,000 plus benefits. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave. The Institute will cover costs associated with research projects and conference travel as required.

Funding for the second year will be contingent on the successful application for secondary sources of funding for the position. The supervising faculty will support the postdoctoral fellow in this process.

To apply, please e-mail the following to [log in to unmask] by March 14, 2018 with the subject line “IMI Postdoc Application”:

Any queries about the position may be directed to Professor Soo Min Toh at [log in to unmask]. The position remains open until it is filled.

The Institute for Management & Innovation (IMI) is an exciting, new multi-disciplinary research and teaching hub located at the heart of the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM). At IMI, we prepare the next generation of leaders, contribute to our communities, and solve problems through discovery, application and communication of knowledge in management, the social sciences, and sciences. As a multi-disciplinary unit, IMI provides an important academic platform for fostering closer interactions, the sharing of expertise and providing new means for a range of disciplines to work together. Our globally recognized faculty are engaged in seeking answers related to public health, fintech, social justice, diversity, innovation, education policy, ethics, and much more. Our research has had, and continues to have, far-reaching influence on managerial and policy decisions at the firm, industry, and various levels of government in Canada and globally. Our faculty’s research is regularly featured in major media outlets as we work hard to disseminate new knowledge and help community and business partners create solutions and technologies that advance business practices, policy, and technologies. More information about the Institute and its innovative graduate and undergraduate programs can be found here:  http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/imi/.