Please distribute to members
Call for papers
The EuroMed Academy of Business announces its
11th Annual Conference
‘Research Advancements in National and Global Business Theory and Practice’
The European Capital of Culture for 2018
September 12th-14th, 2018
Organized and Hosted by:
University of Malta
Prof. Demetris Vrontis
University of Nicosia
Prof. Yaakov Weber
Director, Research Unit
School of Business
College of Management, Israel
Prof. Vincent Cassar, University of Malta, Malta
The EuroMed Academy of Business annual conference is one of the major Business Management conferences of its kind in terms of size, quality of content, and standing reputation of attendees. Many of the papers presented contribute significantly to the business knowledge base.
Our goal is to create a friendly and approachable academy and environment, a strong network, whereby its members (including senior worldwide scholars, young faculty members, doctorate students, researchers and business practitioners) are guiding and mentoring each other. Further, participants attend at the conference’s Research Project Workshop in order to meet, improve research, collaborate with others and apply for EU project funding. Some of the conference distinctions are:
Submission Deadline*: February 25th, 2018
Papers and abstracts should be submitted online through the conference website at http://euromed-2018.com/submissions/
Submissions should strictly adhere to the Author Guidelines and use the Paper or Abstract Manuscript Template to be found at the conference website http://euromed-2018.com/author-guidelines/
Please indicate, on the first page of the manuscript, the track number for submission. Should you feel that your submission does not exactly fit in any of the tracks please indicate General Track.
We also invite suggested sessions and/or Symposia sessions (minimum 3 participants at each session). The suggested session should follow the conference guidelines (see Authors Guidelines at the website)
At the Annual Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business we accept both Paper and Abstract submissions. Authors who submitted an Abstract for review should not send a Full paper at a later stage. The manuscript to be included in the Book of Proceedings will be the one reviewed and accepted (abstract or paper).
The maximum number of submitted papers or abstracts accepted per author (either single or co-author) is three.
February 25th, 2018
Start announcements of decisions
March 26th, 2018
Until May 20th, 2018
After May 20th, 2018
All accepted papers and abstracts will be published in the Book of Proceedings (with an ISBN number) which is approved for inclusion in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index — of Clarivate Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters) an integrated index within Web of Science. This distinction is given only to the most significant, in terms of academic excellence, conferences-conventions worldwide.
A selection of the best conference papers will also be considered for publication in the following journals (presented in alphabetic order), most of which are internationally ranked or/and ISI/Scopus approved. Some of these journals (which are over 30 every year) will devote and publish a special issue based on conference papers.
1. EuroMed Journal of Business - EMRBI’s official Journal
2. British Food Journal
3. Competitive Review
4. Global Business and Economics Review
5. International Journal of Business and Globalisation
6. International Journal of Globalisation and Small Business
7. International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics
8. International Journal of Economic Behavior
10. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business
11. International Journal of Financial Markets and Derivatives
12. International Journal of Managerial and Financial Accounting
13. International Journal of Organizational Analysis
14. International Marketing Review
15. International Studies of Management and Organizations
16. Journal of Business Research
17. Journal of Customer Behaviour
18. Journal for Global Business Advancement
19. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research
20. Journal for International Business and Entrepreneurship Development
21. Journal of Knowledge Economy
22. Journal of Promotion Management
24. Piccola Impresa / Small Business
26. Social Business
27. World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management & Sustainable Development
ADDITIONAL PUBLICATION OPPORTUNITIES WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY
EuroMed Book Series
We are pleased to inform you of EuroMed Academy of Business’ launching of three book series in the coming year (2018), in association with three internationally prominent publishers. Below you may find the basic profile of each and all of the aforementioned series, along with the contact editor names and emails for further information.
Volume 1 Title
Annals of Business Research
Business Models for Strategic Innovation: Cross-functional Perspectives
Perspectives, Routledge, Taylor and Francis Group
Palgrave Studies of Cross Disciplinary Business in association with EuroMed Academy of Business
Innovation and Capacity Building: Cross-disciplinary Management Theories for Practical Applications
Palgrave Macmillan, Springer International Publishing
Cross-disciplinary Management Perspectives: Applications, challenges and opportunities
The Cross-disciplinary perspectives of Management Ambidexterity: Challenges and Opportunities
The EuroMed Academy of Business welcomes your contribution to these books, as chapter authors, following of course a successful review process; and looks forward to strengthening the already significant academic collaboration with and between its members.
· Research Project Workshop
· Authors’ Networking and Collaboration Workshop
· Meet the Editors Session
· Meet the Reviewers Session
· Session Chairs and Discussants Workshop
· Doctoral Seminars and special PhD sessions for paper presentations.
· Doctoral and Young Faculty Workshop: the transition from PhD student to lecturer and academic reality.
· Conference Best and Highly Commended Paper Awards
· Conference Best and Highly Commended Student Paper Awards
· Conference Best Track Chair and Commended Track Chair Awards
· Conference Best Reviewer Awards
· Conference Best Track Paper Award
· EMJB Best and Highly Commended Paper Awards
· EMRBI – SIMA Award
University of Malta Valletta Campus, Old University Building, St Paul Street, Valletta, Malta.
For further travel details, please visit the conference website.
Details on accommodation options, pricing and booking instructions are available at the conference website.
A selection of attractive tours has been arranged for conference participants, details of which will be available at the conference website.
Please indicate, on the first page of your manuscript, the track number for submission. Should you feel that your submission does not exactly fit in any of the tracks below please indicate General Track. For more details, please visit the conference website.
2. Behavioral Economics and Finance
3. Business Ethics
4. Business Evaluation
5. Conflict Management
8. Corporate Social Responsibility
9. Cross Cultural Management
10. Corporate Governance
11. Digital economy
12. Diversity and Gender in Organizations
14. Emerging markets
16. Family Business
18. Financial Services and Banking
19. Food and Agriculture Management
20. Health Care Management
21. Tourism and Hospitality
22. Human Resource Management
23. Information Systems’ Management
24. Interdisciplinary Research
25. International Business
26. International Management
27. Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital
28. Learning and Teaching
30. Mergers, Acquisitions and Strategic Alliances
31. Innovation Management
A special award by SIMA and EUROMED will be presented to the best paper in the track.
32. Operations, Production and Quality Management
33. Organization Theories
34. Organizational Behavior
35. Power, Politics, Identity and Culture in Organizations
36. Public and Nonprofit
37. Research Methods
38. Small and Medium Enterprises
39. Strategic Management
40. Supply Chain Management, Shipping and Logistics
41. Technology Management
43. Wine Business
44. General Track
Prof. Yaakov Weber
1. Director, Research Unit
School of Business Administration
College of Management
Rabin Blvd. 7
Rishon Lezion, Israel.
2. President, EMRBI and EMAB
EuroMed Research Business Institute and EuroMed Academy of Business