Application Open for FDIB Program to Cuba

Dear AIB Members,

Happy New Year! We hope this message finds you all well and staying warm. I
am writing on behalf of the Center for Global Business at the University of
Maryland Robert H. Smith School of Business. We are excited to announce the
offering of our Faculty Development in International Business program to
Cuba
<https://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/centers-excellence/ciber/initiatives-programs/faculty/fdib-cuba>for
a third year. The application
<https://umdsurvey.umd.edu/jfe/form/SV_3eqfjnXrdNtY14p> for the FDIB
program to Cuba is open and the deadline to apply is approaching*.* More
details are included in this email and on the website.
<https://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/centers-excellence/ciber/initiatives-programs/faculty/fdib-cuba>

The goal of the program is to enable participants to develop a better
understanding of the working of the Cuban economy within its broader
historical, political and cultural context, to get a sense of the changes
that are underway both domestically and in the context of the evolving
US-Cuba relationship, and to appreciate the business prospects that have
opened up. The program will also enable participants to develop connections
with counterparts at Cuban universities.

*Program Leads* Rebecca Bellinger, Kislaya Prasad
*Destination* Havana, Cuba
*Eligibility* Faculty members at any university or college.
*N.B. There is no concurrent spouse/guest travel available for this program
due to federal regulations on travel to Cuba.*
*Cost per person* $4500
*Additional costs* Participants will be responsible for the flight to/from
Havana, some meals, and personal expenses.
*Dates* Arrival Saturday, May 19, 2018. Departure Sunday, May 27, 2018.
*Program itinerary* TBA
*Application* go.umd.edu/FDIB2018application
*Application deadline: January 19, 2018*
*Questions?* Please contact [log in to unmask]
Please forward to your faculty to apply
<https://umdsurvey.umd.edu/jfe/form/SV_3eqfjnXrdNtY14p> today!

In the event you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to
us using the contact information below or through our CIBER email:
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>.

Thank you,

The Center for Global Business
Robert H. Smith School of Business
University of Maryland