From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 1:30 PM
Cc: Keith Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: TWS Policy Communications Internships - deadline December 22

Dear TWS Student Chapter Presidents and Advisors,

The Wildlife Society is looking for up to 3 policy communications interns to start in January 2018.  These are part-time remote-based internships, with flexible hours, and a stipend of $1,000 per month. Interns will also receive a free registration for TWS' 2018 annual conference in Cleveland, OH.  Interns will typically work 12-18 hours per week.

Our intern team will produce daily roundups of wildlife policy news items and proposed regulations, and 3 to 6 policy-oriented articles for publication on wildlife.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wildlife.org_&d=DwMFaQ&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=9cBeVNu3ab8lBvQBZyIRJeBWlIOnWUXX9SVgdxgabN8&s=Hg6_I0-iOxkfk6znsxnFRrAtiFIiHtEJtY7rddf-UP0&e=> each week (1-2 articles per intern).  They will also help with crafting content for our Conservation Affairs Network<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wildlife.org_policy-2D2_conservation-2Daffairs-2Dnetwork_&d=DwMFaQ&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=9cBeVNu3ab8lBvQBZyIRJeBWlIOnWUXX9SVgdxgabN8&s=PfGwTHxBP9sM-R5pMKw5mXvW4Au36ANxjV7SbBupO2c&e=> newsletters.  Interns will participate in two 1-hour video conference calls each week to discuss policy topics and determine article content.

This internship will be a great opportunity for a current student (graduate or undergraduate) or recent graduate to learn more about current wildlife policy issues and improve their writing skills, while helping inform fellow wildlife professionals about the impacts of policies on their work.  Interns will regularly engage with TWS' policy team and writing team to discuss wildlife policies and receive feedback on their writing.  Flexible hours will allow interns to integrate this work with the class schedules or other part-time positions.

Please refer to the attached PDF for full details and share with anyone you know that may be interested. If you have any questions please contact our Director of Wildlife Policy and Programs, Keith Norris, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Thank you.

Best,

Mariah

Mariah Simmons
Unit Services Coordinator
The Wildlife Society
P: 301-897-9770 ext. 310
www.wildlife.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.wildlife.org_&d=DwMFaQ&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=9cBeVNu3ab8lBvQBZyIRJeBWlIOnWUXX9SVgdxgabN8&s=_BhXA477Ri0n2--vhvcxmTN0LbvkPJXkpkr0dXfX2ag&e=>