The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Igor Gurkov
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Laboratory for Corporate strategies, organizational structures and management innovations’ research projects in two broad areas:
o qualitative methods in international management research
o subsidiary mandates
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Lab offers access to its proprietary databases on Russian subsidiaries of multinational corporations and to Organizational Consultant software.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Management, Business Administration, Sociology, Anthropology
- a strong background in qualitative research, especially Video Analysis,
- native or near-native English
- excellent writing skills
- ability to work in team and independently
- proven past experience of qualitative research in international management/international business studies is necessary
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here
. Appointments will be normally made for one year, with a possibility of extension for the second year upon evaluation.
A CV and a research statement
should be submitted directly via online application form
by February 15, 2018
. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed. Recommendation letters are welcome but not necessary.
is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.