Applications to the Ph.D. program in International Business
Due January 15, 2018

We are seeking exceptional students for the PhD program with a focus on
International Business at the George Washington University (GWU) School of
Business to start in the Fall, 2018 semester.

Detailed information about the application process and online applications
can be found at the GWU School of Business website:
http://business.gwu.edu/programs/doctoral-programs/international-business/

We offer students a diverse, well-recognized and strong International
Business Department.  The undergraduate International Business program was
ranked 9th in the nation in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best Colleges
Rankings.  The graduate International Business program was ranked 7th among
2017 MBA programs by the Financial Times (FT).  In 2017 the annual U.S.
News  & World Report's survey ranked the graduate International Business
program 13th.  For the PhD program, the research and expertise of the
faculty of the International Business Department spans a broad theoretical
base, including economics, political science, finance, management and
banking.  The multi-disciplinary perspectives are facilitated by the
eclectic expertise of our program faculty.
• We have a large group of faculty who publish in top journals and
university presses, with several faculty co-authoring articles with their
PhD students.
• Many of our faculty members are serving/have served on the Editorial
Review Boards of several top journals, including the Journal of
International Business, Organization Science, the Global Strategy Journal,
and the Strategic Management Journal.  We currently have faculty members
serving as Associate Editors at the Strategic Management Journal and the
Global Strategy Journal.
• Our faculty have served on the Executive Committees of the organizing
committees of major conferences in our field as well as being track chairs
for several conferences (including the Academy of Management (AOM) and the
Academy of International Business (AIB) Annual Meeting.  This includes two
past Chairs and a current Program Chair for the International Management
Division for the AOM.
• Our faculty have a strong record of receiving external grants to support
their research.
• GWU is also a designated Center for International Business Education and
Research (CIBER) (funded by the U.S. Department of Education), which
provides students with resources for research and teaching in the areas of
Institutions, the State, and Development in International Business.

Both the GW Business School and the International Business Department
recently revised the requirements for the PhD program to enhance and
strengthen the quality of the program.  Our goal is to produce well-trained
students who wish to obtain academic appointments at top tier schools in
their chosen fields.  In keeping with the multi-disciplinary nature of the
field, we offer course work that focuses on Global Strategy and Global
Political Economy. PhD seminars offered by IB Department faculty include
courses on Institutions and Development, Global Strategy, Knowledge and
Innovation, International Finance, and International Political Economy.

Program highlights include a four year fellowship (with a fifth year
conditional on performance), close collaboration with faculty, and the
ability to leverage resources across local business schools, think-tanks,
The World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and other organizations in
D.C., one of the most vibrant intellectual centers of politics and
economics in the US.

For more information on our faculty and program, please contact Professor
Heather Berry ([log in to unmask]) and visit our website:
https://business.gwu.edu/academics/departments/international-business

--
Kevin Michael Stephenson
Administrative Manager