Call for Papers I The AIB SS-AFRICA 2018 Conference University of Kigali, Rwanda

                                                 Please Submit by May 30, 2018 I E: [log in to unmask]

Africa has made tremendous progress on many fronts since the turn of the millennium. From Cairo to Cape of Good Hope, a renewed sense optimism led to Africa Rising narrative. This narrative is now under attack as the realities of China’s economic slowdown and the great plunge in oil and commodity prices has exposed the continent’s economic vulnerabilities. Nevertheless, there appears to be solid ground for cautious optimism, and a commitment to the achievement of sustainable development has never been more important.

The African Union’s recently launched Agenda 2063: The Africa We Want provides an ambitious vision and call for action aimed at accelerating Africa’s development and transformation over the next fifty years. It identifies seven key aspirations for Africa:

1.) A prosperous Africa based on inclusive growth and sustainable development; 2.) An integrated continent, politically united and based on the ideals of Pan Africanism and the vision of Africa’s Renaissance. 3.) An Africa of good governance, democracy, respect for human rights, justice and the rule of law. 4.) A peaceful and secure Africa. 5.) An Africa with a strong cultural identity, common heritage, values and ethics. 6.) An Africa where development is people-driven, unleashing the potential of its women and youth. 7.) Africa as a strong, united and influential global player and partner.

These aspirations very much align with the strategic vision of the AIB-SSA chapter for Africa, hence our decision to focus on how scholars can make an impact in achieving Agenda 2063’s goals to make Africa work better for Africans. There’s perhaps no better place in Africa that represents this dogged commitment for progress than Rwanda. Following the tragic genocide of 1994, the country has shown uncommon resilience and successfully executed important economic and structural, as well as international competitiveness reforms. Rwanda’s inspiring story speaks to the promise and potential of African economies.  Our 2018 conference will bring together scholars, students, policy makers and business executives committed to Africa’s development.

As in previous years, we welcome submissions (competitive papers, interactive papers, panels and teaching cases) that go beyond the conference theme and encompass all major areas of international business and management.

Please read the attached Call for Papers for more details.

Looking forward to seeing you in Kigali!

Best regards,

Ifedapo Adeleye

Conference Chair, AIB-SSA

U: University of Tennesee Knoxville

T: @IfedapoAdeleye

W: www.aibssa.org

Attachments area

Note:

All emails sent from Riara University are subject to Riara University's Email Terms & Conditions. Please click here to read the policy.

http://www.riarauniversity.ac.ke/downloads/riara_email_terms_and_conditions.pdf