*** Apologies for any cross-postings ***

Final call for papers for a Special Issue of

Journal of World Business*

Intercultural Communication in International Business Research

Deadline: 30th of November 2017.

Guest Editors:

Betina Szkudlarek, University of Sydney, Australia

Luciara Nardon, Carleton University, Canada

Joyce Osland, San Jose State University, United States

Lena Zander, Uppsala University, Sweden

The goal of this special issue is to encourage theoretical and empirical development on intercultural communication as it relates to organizations. We are particularly interested in communication processes and strategies that facilitate understanding between individuals and, as a consequence, facilitate team and organizational management performance. Through this special issue, we aim to advance our theoretical conceptualization and understanding of intercultural communication with the specific focus on capturing the iterative, interactive, context-dependent processes of intercultural communication to improve global business practices.

We welcome submissions from various methodological traditions and invite interdisciplinary work. We seek contributions from various disciplines, using multiple theoretical frameworks and methodologies. We invite both conceptual and empirical papers.  We are particularly interested in communication processes as they relate to international management and organizations.

The full call for papers can be found here:

https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-world-business/call-for-papers/intercultural-communication-in-international-business-resear

Questions about the Special Issue may be directed to Betina Szkudlarek ([log in to unmask])

*The Journal of World Business is a premier journal in the field of international business with a history dating to 1965 with the founding of the Columbia Journal of World Business. JWB publishes cutting-edge research that reflects important developments in the global business environment and advances new theoretical directions and ways of thinking about global phenomena.

Impact Factor: 3.758
5-Year Impact Factor: 4.541

BETINA SZKUDLAREK, PhD

Program Director Master of Management

Discipline of International Business

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY BUSINESS SCHOOL

Rm 4139 (H70) 21-25 Codrington St,

The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9351 4606 | F +61 2 9036 5378 | M +61 423 335 200

www.sydney.edu.au/business

The University of Sydney Business School acknowledges the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Australians, whose lands, winds and waters we now all share, and pay respect to their unique values, and their continuing and enduring cultures which deepen and enrich the life of our nation and communities.