Dear Friends:

I’m happy to share that my book titled The Role of Microfinance in Women's Empowerment: A Comparative Study of Rural & Urban Groups in India, has just been published by Emerald Publishing U.K. The book compares two alternative models of microfinance in the Indian context. Combining statistical and ethnographic evidence, it provides important new insights into the obstacles to the empowerment of women and their participation in work.

It will be useful reading for all researchers in microfinance ,women's empowerment, banking, development studies and base of the pyramid issues.

The unique features of the book are:

The book is available in Kindle edition & Hardcover and can be ordered from the following sites:

·         Emerald Bookstore : http://books.emeraldinsight.com/page/detail/The-Role-of-Microfinance-in-Women-Empowerment/?k=9781787144262

·         Amazon India : https://www.amazon.in/Role-Microfinance-Womens-Empowerment-Comparative-ebook/dp/B06XK7VZQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510149275&sr=8-1&keywords=raji+ajwani

·         Amazon USA : https://www.amazon.in/Role-Microfinance-Womens-Empowerment-Comparative-ebook/dp/B06XK7VZQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510149275&sr=8-1&keywords=raji+ajwani

·         Amazon Germany : https://www.amazon.de/Role-Microfinance-Womens-Empowerment-Comparative-ebook/dp/B06XK7VZQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510150626&sr=8-1&keywords=raji+ajwani&dpID=51IRYdjAmcL&preST=_SY445_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

·         Amazon UK : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Role-Microfinance-Womens-Empowerment-Comparative-ebook/dp/B06XK7VZQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510150749&sr=8-1&keywords=raji+ajwani

Look forward to your support and feedback

Dr Raji Ajwani

Program Manager

BAIF Development Research Foundation

Pune ( India) (www.baif.org.in)