Dear AIB-L Subscribers,

Thank you to everyone who submitted a paper or a panel proposal to the AIB 2018 conference within the new deadline. I am very pleased to report that the submissions have been strong, and we are all excited with a great program shaping up for our annual conference in Minneapolis, with plenaries and showcase panels planned from business leaders, educators and scholars all over the world, and exciting social events including the gala dinner at the brand new US Bank Stadium where the 2018 Super Bowl will also be held in a couple months.

At the same time, we have also received many requests the past week for extension from authors who either became aware of our new deadline late and could not submit in time, or who had to rush their submission so that they could meet the new deadline.  Given that this is only the second year for our new early deadline (which will be in late November permanently from now on), we would like to offer a slight deadline extension to our members to give them another weekend to work on their manuscripts. The submission system will remain open until Tuesday, December 5 for new submissions.   You can visit http://meetings.aib.msu.edu/aib/2018/ to submit your manuscripts.

This is also a golden opportunity for those of you who had not yet made up their minds on whether to attend the Minneapolis conference. It was the only US city on the Wall Street Journal's "Where to Travel in 2018"  outlining 10 hot destinations in the world this year, and also made Smarter Travel's "9 Places That Aren’t on Your Bucket List (But Should Be)".  As the home to 15 companies on the Forbes Global 2000 (including 3M, Medtronic, General Mills, Ecolab, Target, and Best Buy) and the largest private company in the US (Cargill), the city certainly carries a lot of relevance for IB researchers as well (site visits to some of these companies are in the plans).

If you have already submitted a manuscript and would like to upload a revised version, please email it to [log in to unmask] and we will replace your submission in the system; please do not resubmit the manuscript as a new submission.

We look forward to seeing you all in Minneapolis!

Prof. JT Li
AIB 2018 Program Chair
Chair Professor of Management
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology