Dear Fellow AIB Scholars:

For those of you who, like me, are thinking about how to combine an
interest in climate change, sustainability or the sustainable development
goals with next year's Conference and track themes, I am looking for fellow
contributors/participants on panels that can fit into tracks 2, 4, 7, 9 and
12.  My ideas about a panel(s) for each track are described below.

Track 2: Managing the Value Chain and Operations

Papers/studies that examine how the use of information and data flows can
be used to better manage a firm's *environmental* footprint through a more
efficient use of its value and supply chain.  Papers/studies addressing how
the coordination of a firm's value and supply chain can help a firm
contribute to its own sustainability and/or the sustainable development
goals also are of interest.

Track 4: Global Innovation and Knowledge Management

This panel would investigate how innovation and knowledge related to
reducing a firm's carbon footprint, contributing to sustainable practices
and supporting sustainable development is shared both within a firm and
with outside entities such as external shareholders in home and host
countries (for MNEs).

Track 7:  International Corporate Governance and Financial Management

Thanks in large part to activist shareholders and socially conscious NGOs,
firms are beginning to address how they can be more inclusive in their
governance practices.  It is possible that as a firm becomes more actively
engaged in the achievement of the sustainable development goals, it will
need to broaden its governance structure to include a wider set of actors.
A panel on this topic would consist of papers that address how governance
is or might be changing as a result of sustainability-motivated actions.

Track 9: Emerging Markets and Emerging Market MNEs

There is a growing body of literature focusing on how climate change and
sustainability related innovation and practices coming out of emerging
markets and emerging market MNEs can be used as models for developed
country MNEs.  It would be interesting, I think, to have a panel that
presents a spectrum of these kinds of innovations and practices, what makes
them successful, and how they can be adapted to other economies.

Track 12:Conference regional track: Global/regional Integration and
Disintegration

As governments and firms determine the strategies and actions they will
take to address climate change and/or the sustainable development goals,
they likely will be assessing what kinds of regional integration (trade,
investment, etc.) makes sense, and whether or not existing forms of
regional integration need to be abandoned.  A panel on this issue would, I
imagine, consist of speculative papers drawing from what is being
experienced in different regional pacts (old and new) worldwide.

I realize that the deadline for submissions is just a month away, but if
you are interested in forming a panel addressing any of these topics,
please let me know as soon as possible.  My role will be to organize the
panel, creating an appropriate theme around the mix of papers/ideas
received from AIB members, and taking responsibility for submitting the
panel proposal.  The ideas expressed above are not cut in stone, so if you
have suggestions/ideas of your own, by all means express them

Email me at [log in to unmask]  I am looking forward to seeing what kinds
of panels/presentations we can create.

Best,
John Dilyard

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]