Apologies for any cross-postings. Thank you for distributing widely!
- - - - -
This is a gentle reminder that Friday, September 15th is the abstract submission deadline for this year's Rural Studies Student Conference hosted by the Penn State Rural Sociology Graduate Association, October 27 & 28, 2017, at University Park, Pennsylvania.

Our theme this year is (broadly): “Demystifying Rural."
Attached is this year's flyer for distribution. Please share widely with your peers and students. We are accepting abstracts from undergraduate and graduate students, as well as interested members of the broader community.

This year registration is free, but required.
You do not need to submit an abstract in order to attend
Submit abstracts here: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
We would also like to announce this year's keynote speakers:

·  Dr. Shannon Bell <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__liberalarts.vt.edu_faculty-2Ddirectory_sociology-2Dfaculty_shannon-2Delizabeth-2Dbell.html&d=DwMFaQ&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=dWvhVGYdXPgQj6pG0e9NFA&m=SRF_1NJ6KCIyay1NGPih9TFkdZIriKAoQuu2b-gwK-E&s=jEA1bcNDC8TBOTwP674L1vdnpjxuPQfSy8HvygQrVsE&e=> (Associate Professor of Sociology, Virginia Tech)

·  Dr. Suresh Babu <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ifpri.org_profile_suresh-2Dbabu&d=DwMFaQ&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=dWvhVGYdXPgQj6pG0e9NFA&m=SRF_1NJ6KCIyay1NGPih9TFkdZIriKAoQuu2b-gwK-E&s=lDc4lj-VPPKVsbMf9rGuexo7VZCNLzDzbSDS_KheYdo&e=> (International Food Policy Research Institute)

This is a great opportunity to receive feedback on research (at any stage of development and from any discipline or department) from your student peers.
We look forward to seeing you at Penn State!

Thank you,
Hannah Whitley
Rural Studies Student Conference Committee
Rural Sociology Graduate Association
The Pennsylvania State University
--

Announcing the 5th Annual Rural Studies Student Conference:
"Demystifying Rural"

Christian Kelly Scott, M.S.
Dual Doctorate PhD student: Rural Sociology and International Agriculture & Development
Department of Agricultural Economics, Sociology, and Education
The Pennsylvania State University
312-11 Armsby Building
University Park, PA 16802
Cell: 517-290-5532