Hi all,

I post this message on behalf of my friend's professor. If you are interested in this
opportunity, please contact the professor directly at [log in to unmask]

I am searching for a graduate research assistant (though depending on the candidate—I
might consider an undergraduate) to help me with a classroom research project during
the academic year (FS17 to SS18) related to multilingual writers. The job is ideal for
those interested in education, language, culture, or human subject research, and may
involve in-class observations, interviews, transcriptions, and translations. This person
should be fluent in both English and Chinese and able to effectively move across
languages (and cultures) in both speaking and writing. In terms of the time schedule,
ideally the assistant would need to be available in the fall semester to sit in on a course
on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and, possibly some Fridays from 12:40 to 2:00 pm. (It may be
possible if someone’s schedule does not fit, I still might be able to use them for
transcription/translation.) The job would entail approximately 10 hours per week.

If interested, please send a resume and briefly detail your experience. The pay is $15.00
per hour.

You can send to [log in to unmask]

Steven Fraiberg
Assistant Professor
Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures
Michigan State University
252 Ernst Bessey Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824
517.884.3885